Freeform in MA

I started my fill from my well and by the time the trucks arrived there was a buffer.

Not necessarily for that reason but it was a side benefit.

I hate to be so cynical but with his build I have to be.................so I am going to tweak your reply a bit:

"They SHOULDstart with a diffuser & gravity , when a nice cushion of water forms then they let the truck pumps rip."

Blazin, at least now you know what to ask for and make sure they have and use.

Thanks! The great news is I arranged the water. Not terrible pool company.

BTW they told me $1500 to fill pool. I got quotes and couldn't break $1000.

Marking up water? I mean come on...

...they showed up today!? I can't believe it.. rain due to roll in around 3pm and tomorrow and friday and saturday... ugh.

Same here, LOL! We basically were mid-monsoon and at 630 this morning I see the excavator (muck out crew) in the driveway. Obviously they can't do much but at least nice they showed up to look at our situation. Out of the past 5+ weeks THIS is the day they chose? LOL!

Same here, LOL! We basically were mid-monsoon and at 630 this morning I see the excavator (muck out crew) in the driveway. Obviously they can't do much but at least nice they showed up to look at our situation. Out of the past 5+ weeks THIS is the day they chose? LOL!

Annnd I didn't turn on my timelapse... annnnd they are actually done with stone dust and are laying pavers.. sorry you won't get to see that!

Wow, stuff is getting done! This is good!

BTW, when the truck came to fill mine it was 4 loads. The first load he said was only about 5,500 gallons. Loads 2 and 3 I assume were the full 6,000. The last load I only needed about 5 minutes worth and they charged for 4 loads (seems kind of unfair) @ $260 per truckload. So you're getting a pretty good deal.

At least I have a better idea of my pool volume. Which reminds me I need to update my sig - it is more like 18,300-18,500 as far as I can tell.

Unsubscribing for no time lapse of paver installation. HA!

Good news on that step.

Wow, stuff is getting done! This is good!

BTW, when the truck came to fill mine it was 4 loads. The first load he said was only about 5,500 gallons. Loads 2 and 3 I assume were the full 6,000. The last load I only needed about 5 minutes worth and they charged for 4 loads (seems kind of unfair) @ $260 per truckload. So you're getting a pretty good deal.

At least I have a better idea of my pool volume. Which reminds me I need to update my sig - it is more like 18,300-18,500 as far as I can tell.

Around these parts we have 9k gallon trucks, so I'm paying for 2 trucks and using most if not all of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unsubscribing for no time lapse of paver installation. HA!

Good news on that step.

They took us by surprise! We thought for sure we were getting washed out and delayed, but I guess they don't want to move the date with Kadison (8/17)

Right now we are forecasted for PM rain that same day.. info seems to be drizzle is ok for pebblesheen, monsoon is not. Hoping for drizzle.

what?????? any idea where it is???
"supposed to be delivered Friday, then it was today [Tuesday], but I haven't seen them yet today." This was at 4pm. So I'm hoping it will arrive today, but I just don't understand this totally unprofessional behavior. My deposit was in in March. I understand floorspace comes at a premium, so understand you won't have it sit on site immediately, but how about after dig day? How about after gunite? How about.. not lying to me? Now I know for certain there was no way 8/13 was happening, and the "as long as the site's prepped I can send my plumber down with the equipment." was never true.

I blew up at him yesterday, my wife called them on it the day before. Monday they were here after 8, were breaking when my wife got home at 1045a, worked for 45 minutes, took lunch 1130-1:15p and then left at 2p. So that's max, 4 hours of work, but probably more like 1.5, it's not uncommon for them to show up and do nothing for 2 hours before starting.

Yesterday, they left having not finished the pavers before 3p and got to the job after 8 again. I'm sure with plenty of breaks. Nobody was home so probably did about 45 minutes of work.

I called and asked if we were on track for Friday and I was told, "Well I haven't spoken to the pebble guys yet, see if they finished their job today [Tuesday], also I don't know how the paver crew is making out today.." I cut him off and said, "Well, they are long gone, I mean it's bright and sunny and of course they're not working, it's no wonder you're behind and get nothing done, your crew works a 4 hour day." then we got into equipment. I told him my fence is going in, because I couldn't hold people back any longer who are committed to show up when and do what they agreed to.

Now, they'll be done today ready for pebble Friday and machinery will be cleared off my property today.

Why does it have to come to all out screaming to get something done? JUST DO A DAYS WORK AND STOP BACKLOADING THE PROJECT!!!

Equipment's getting set Friday.. pebblesheen still not confirmed.

On to the eye candy!!!

DWOTvEr.jpg

PeqYbFV.jpg

paFl1ot.jpg

2ZngBe0.jpg

Thank you so much.. the yard was tough for all involved. We even had one PB say, "Why the [heck] did you buy this house if you wanted a pool?" So we did avoid one terrible PB..

Anyways, they are today cleaning the pool of all the trash, water, mortar, grout, and other junk that's collected since the gunite was completed. We're getting our equipment set tomorrow, and we're awaiting our confirmation on Pebblesheen for tomorrow as well.

After that, we've got more landscaping, fencing, firepit area, and hydroseed to complete the project. All but hydroseeding to be complete by next Thursday.

Then I've got some work to do on some finishing touches: Lattice, Lighting, Audio..

Good times!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.