Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crack patches in pool deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Crack patches in pool deck

My pool is 30 years old and several minor cracks have come in the concrete deck. I would like to use H&C acrylic stain to stain my deck but need to patch these cracks first.

How is the best way to do this to insure a good lasting job?

thanks

Tom
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crack patches in pool deck

Well what i done is use Flexible insta foam and sprayed it in the crack then used a combo of concrete patch on top or Self leveling sealant you don't want water flowing threw the crack flushing the sand behind your liner if you have a in-ground with a liner.

3. Back To Top    #3

I am talking about cracks in the pool decking. Nothing to do with the liner.
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

No i said if you dont fill them thats what may happen