Hayward sp vs error code 16

May 23, 2018
Frederick
Hayward service tech tells me that this error code means that there is a problem with the motor drive. They tell me to call a service company. This is going to be expensive. Anyone know the fix? I have already rebooted the controller .
Thanks!

Greg - you have provided no information on your pump model # or anything, how old it is, automation or not, etc...look at the bottom my message and note the information in my signature,,,pls complete this.

In ground 22x42 foot pool 4 ft to 8 ft, about 25,000 gal. Built about 1985. Original Hayward saND filter.
Hayward super pump sp26115vsp purchased April 2017.
I have installed this pump and the two before it myself. I have good plumbing and electrical skills.

I am tempted to try to jump start by figurING out the four wires leading from controller to pump.

Yes, I have read this manual. On p30 it tells you to contact hayward if you see a numerical error message. Hayward suggests that I get an authorized repair person to fix it. But. The soonest I can get someone is 2 weeks and I'd like to know how they would troubleshoot and then fix the problem.

So, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has info that exceeds the owners manual.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.