Do I have a problem with my vacuum?

WNYpool18

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Rochester,NY
Hello,

I am a new pool owner. I vacuumed for the first time last night and I might have a problem.

I burped the hose so that it was full of water but it seemed like the hose wasn't sucking enough water to fill the basket on the pump. The clear hose from my pump to my filter had a lot air bubbles in it and I was vacuuming to waste since I needed to drain water because my CYA is high. The backflush hose was not pumping water out at the same rate as when I do not have the vacuum attached so I know I definitely was not sucking up the same amount of water.

My pump is 2 speeds. On low speed everything seemed normal when vacuuming but when I put it on high speed that's when it seemed like I was not sucking enough water through the vacuum to keep up.

This pool was an existing pool from when we just bought the house so I am using the vacuum and hose the previous owners left behind. I'm wondering if the vacuum hose isn't a large enough diameter? Or is what I experienced normal?

w,

Sounds pretty normal to me... In my case I have to adjust the valves so that the pump is sucking some water from the vacuum line and some from the skimmer.

Depending on your plumbing, you might not have this option...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.