Putting up ABG pool help

May 1, 2018
Tennessee
Im in the process of getting my AGP set up. Few things, The company that dug the area and delivered the sand decided to spread approx. 1ton of the sand throughout the dig out.... Should I try to shovel as much as I can to expose the dirt under the pool base frame? Also on the pool from, are the little concrete blocks needed under the 'legs'?

I know when installing a pool, the sand should be inside the pool wall.. but the company came while I was at work (9am) when they were scheduled to come at after work (330pm). I also have the old pool liner im going to use to put under the sand.. well that was the plan atleast. so would the 1/2-3/4 inch of sand be an issue?

Was the ground they put the sand on level or did they use the sand to "level" it? THAT is the most important question right now!

If it was level then the sand will not be a big deal. If they used the sand to level it then make them come back and level the dirt like it should have been done in the first place. Do NOT allow them to tell you the sand will do............The sand will compact and your pool will end up unlevel.

Pavers or such should go under the pool legs. They should be level with the top of the ground/dirt the pool is going on, NOT the sand. The sand go over over them to protect the liner from the edges of the pavers.

What are you using for the cove? Sand or foam?

Kim:kim:

Was the ground they put the sand on level or did they use the sand to "level" it? THAT is the most important question right now!

If it was level then the sand will not be a big deal. If they used the sand to level it then make them come back and level the dirt like it should have been done in the first place. Do NOT allow them to tell you the sand will do............The sand will compact and your pool will end up unlevel.

Pavers or such should go under the pool legs. They should be level with the top of the ground/dirt the pool is going on, NOT the sand. The sand go over over them to protect the liner from the edges of the pavers.

What are you using for the cove? Sand or foam?

Kim:kim:

They said it was all measured within an inch, but everything was done before I got home so I didn't get the chance to inspect it. Ill grab some pavers from Home Depot, and I planned to do the cove with sand, I still have about 4 tons in a pile.

Guess what I am going to say next...........................yep.......compact and water the sand over a couple/few days. I would also measure and see just how deep the sand is. If it is too deep you will need to scrape some off.

Guess what I am going to say next...........................yep.......compact and water the sand over a couple/few days. I would also measure and see just how deep the sand is. If it is too deep you will need to scrape some off.
I ended up shoveling all the sand to the center, well as much as I could without scraping any dirt, now theres just a very thin layer of sand, also rain and wind kind of helped me out. Im picking up pavers today, will these work? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Square-Gra...2-in-x-12-in-Actual-11-7-in-x-11-7-in/3018983

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.