Pool Still Green After Opening

I would take a dip but it's been noting but rain all week and it doesn't look like it's gonna let up until next Wednesday or Thursday!!

I hear ya on that one. Same forecast down here in coastal VA. Just as my pool is ready to go too, thunderstorms for the next 5 days. :p

Hey guys, so I have a little dilemma. My husband surprised me with a little weekend getaway for our anniversary (Sunday) and my birthday (which is Wednesday). Of course my immediate thoughts were nooooo, I'm in the middle of a SLAM. Ridiculous, I know, but I've become obsessed with getting this done and not prolonging it if I can help it. LOL Anyway, since it was a last minute thing, we will actually be staying at a place close to home. So I was wondering......

Do I check the FC before we go whether that be 4 or 5 tonight? Or do I try and come back to do it closer to 8 tonight? There is no sun here (been raining all week and still is) so I'm guessing that does not play a factor so maybe I can get away with doing it right before we leave? My husband already knows I'll need to be coming back early tomorrow am to check it and he's ok with it (we plan on going to breakfast anyway). So, what would be the best plan in your opinion? Thanks!!

Side Note: I've been testing the FC here and there with the powder only, since I'm waiting on more drops, and the color seems to be staying VERY close each time. I'm HOPING that's a good sign. LOL

My opinion? Time with your husband is WAY more important. go a little overboard with the liquid chlorine at your last dosing, or heaven forbid throw a puck in a floater. Or just don't worry about possibly being set back a couple of hours. It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things. But don't interrupt your getaway once (let alone twice!) to maintain your pool.

Great advice! In fact, I was already thinking of having our son do the test tomorrow am since he'll be here. Just gonna toss my extra stuff in and be done until Sunday!!

My opinion? Time with your husband is WAY more important. go a little overboard with the liquid chlorine at your last dosing, or heaven forbid throw a puck in a floater. Or just don't worry about possibly being set back a couple of hours. It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things. But don't interrupt your getaway once (let alone twice!) to maintain your pool.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yay, my stuff came!

So, the last times I officially tested was:

Wednesday, 5-16-18 at 1:30 pm and my FC was 10.2 so I adjusted up.

Tested again.............

Wednesday, 5-16-18 at 8:00 pm and my FC was 10.5 so I adjusted and tested again in 30 min at which time it was 12.5. I did nothing more.

So yesterday morning, the day after that, I just tossed in 1 gallon of bleach around 6:30 am and to be honest, didn't throw anything else in since then because I've just been too busy here and haven't had time.

Well I just went out and tested it for the first time since Wednesday evening and my FC was at 8! I am surprised it only went down 4.5 since two days ago (last official reading). Before I was losing that easily in several hours. So, I am hoping like crazy once my son tests it later for me, then again tomorrow am, that it will not be a bigger loss than 1. But only time will tell. Fingers crossed!

Yes, your husband deserves you to be totally present with him... you can worry about the pool later. Happy Birthday, and tell your husband we think he is a keeper!

Hello everyone! Had a very nice weekend away with my husband. My son didn't test the water for me like I originally planned. I just figured I'd deal with it when I got home. But yesterday morning he did pour two gallons of bleach in. That was the only thing that was done to it since I last added some Friday late morning.

Anyway, when we got home this morning the pool looked like this (just a few worms on the bottom and also some small debris floating that I need to take care of) and the water tested at 8 for FC. I added two bottles of bleach for good measure and need to go get more. Will attempt the overnight test tonight and am crossing my fingers I will be done finally. LOL

Pool-Party.jpg

What a great update and congrats on your pool stats!!! ((Hope you had a great weekend AWAY!!!))

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.