Yes, I have major OCD. opinions?

I don't think that loose fitting would cause them to fail. PVC glue is a chemical bond and should be ok for our purposes (non pressure) especially for an output fitting. Yes, cheap insurance to get ones with a tighter fit.

So my pool was delivered yesterday and it came with a bag of parts. In the bag was 3 return jets similar to mine only 2" socket. They are a loose fit for sch 40 pipe too. lol. A snug fit for tigerflex flex pvc but loose for hard pipe. What the heck?
These are all made for flex pvc obviously.

I have extra so I am gonna glue up a fitting, let it set 24 hours and pressure test it with 20, 30, 40 psi etc up to my compressor pressure of 125. I'm gonna stay far back. lol

If it holds 100+ psi it is good enough for me. The other brand of fittings I ordered will be in tomorrow but I suspect they will have the same tolerance.

So my pool was delivered yesterday and it came with a bag of parts. In the bag was 3 return jets similar to mine only 2" socket. They are a loose fit for sch 40 pipe too. lol. A snug fit for tigerflex flex pvc but loose for hard pipe. What the heck?
These are all made for flex pvc obviously.

I have extra so I am gonna glue up a fitting, let it set 24 hours and pressure test it with 20, 30, 40 psi etc up to my compressor pressure of 125. I'm gonna stay far back. lol

If it holds 100+ psi it is good enough for me. The other brand of fittings I ordered will be in tomorrow but I suspect they will have the same tolerance.

Please use water to pressurize and not air...

Air is nearly infinitely compressible so this does very bad things to PVC pipe - it either turns the pipe into a missile or a pipe bomb sending shrapnel everywhere

pipe.jpg

Water is non-compressible so the volume of water in the pipe is what is was at much lower pressures. It also makes locating a leak very easy.

Typical static water pressure to most homes is around 40 psi which is plenty to pressure test your plumbing. Get a double female garden hose coupler and use you water pressure to pressurize the plumbing. You will also need to have a pressure gauge installed somewhere in the system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I don’t like it either... very sloppy & no friction, I’m not a big WW fan (as I relayed a few weeks ago)
... Your OCD is reasonable..

I deal with a distributor with Canadian locations, have you tried that route or asked for a dealer referral??

That’s a heck of a price tag, they whacked you on handling... I know, you gotta pay to play...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.