Yes, I have major OCD. opinions?

make sure you are using all of the same metric standards for both pieces that from the same country. I remember reading somewhere that if you mix and match from diff countries, you could be off by 1/64th, which could be your problem. The fit needs to be snug and thus the primer and glue help to slide the pieces together. As of now, you'll have more play when you properly glue...

they are both imperial USA made parts. 1.5"

I will have to get an alternative pronto. Cmp makes one that looks identical.

Can anyone confirm if cmp is related to waterworks? I don't want the same problem twice. I have no time.

This fitting is advertised as a 1.5 socket x 2" spigot. The spigot doesn't fit 2" either. it is too small in diameter..

Full on panic mode now as my pool is coming this week.

Do you have any plumbing places you can run to with the part for the pool in hand and see if they have ANY thing that will work?? Kind of like a specialty house for plumbing. Man that is not good gurrrrrrrr what does the manufacturer of the pool have to say? Do you have ANYONE that installs these pools in your area you can pick their brain for a buck or two?

Maybe your Dad will have an idea or can do the running for you!!!

I am doing what I do..............throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. Here is hoping

Kim (NO cheering for this one!)

The fittings I've tried are sch 40 fittings. I've tried a few. It's the waterway fitting 100% as my pvc fittings fit everything else I've ordered like they should. Heater, pump and filter unions and jandy check and 3 way valves.
Maybe the waterway fitting is meant to work with their flex hose only but I doubt it. I've seen these fittings used with standard issue hard piping.
I'm not about to Mcguyver something. I will make calls tomorrow. The cmp, if not available in Canada I may have to UPS.

You are awesome Kim. Thanks!!!

Yes. for you to order then ship to me, would just take longer. The transport time really isn't a problem. it's how long it sits in customs. 1 hour or 2 week.
It will work out. I can put these in after the pool shell is installed and only partially backfilled.

I know PVC can be difficult to get in Canada. To avoid potentially long waits in customs, do you live close enough to US to come down and buy from Lowe's or somewhere?

Also, I've bought from http://Pvcfittingsonline.com a lot and haven't had any issues. And they do ship to Canada.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chris here comes my *girl* question as I call them. This is when I ask a question I think I should know but don't so ask anyway not caring someone might laugh at me for not knowing. What makes you think these will work better than the one you have already?

Kim:kim:

What I worry about is if the pool manufacture made those returns to ONLY fit their stuff to "force" you to buy only from them! You getting different ones should fix that problem. Do you have a plan to make them fit in the hole if needed?

What made you even start messing with it? Good thing you did!!

What I worry about is if the pool manufacture made those returns to ONLY fit their stuff to "force" you to buy only from them! You getting different ones should fix that problem. Do you have a plan to make them fit in the hole if needed?

What made you even start messing with it? Good thing you did!!

It's a good thing to worry about but imo, the pipe sizing standards have existed long before Hayward, jandy and all the big players. If they used non standard fittings on their equipment, nobody would buy it. I think it's just a bad batch with a tolerance issue.

I always check all incoming parts before a job starts so that I can catch problems like this before the day of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.