New Geometric IG Pool in DFW

That looks awesome! Good job getting started bonding with your pool!

Here is YOUR set of links! It is a lot of info but it will all start to sink in when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

TFP also has a Pool Math App! Here is the link: Pool Math It is so neat and easy to use!

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is a good time to ask your PB what test kit he is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

It's funny, this journey. You give up hope the next step is ever coming and then it does and you feel like a kid on Christmas morning. For about four days until you start thinking the next step is never coming. ;)

We have our tile and coping! They started on Saturday, but Saturday and Monday we only had one guy. (His partner called in sick.) We had two guys Tuesday and today, when they finished up. I think they did a great job, so slow and steady works for me. We are due for a bunch of rain over the next couple of days so I don't think we will see any more progress this week. Our PB also sent out an email to all of his clients asking for patience as business has been crazy and they are doing their best to keep everyone moving without sacrificing quality. My dream of swimming Memorial Day seems about 50/50 at this point.

The coping is Leuders limestone (I think this is a limestone you find near Austin)
The tile is National Pool Tile Catania Blue

cjD5fYl.jpg

r9H8lf9.jpg

jwvEEWK.jpg

hmyhfj6.jpg

It's funny, this journey. You give up hope the next step is ever coming and then it does and you feel like a kid on Christmas morning. For about four days until you start thinking the next step is never coming. ;)
Oh yes! So much hurry up and wait!

Coping and tiles looks fantastic! Always great to see progress. Good that your pb is being honest and not throwing out a ton of excuses. Fingers crossed for you that you’ll be swimming by Memorial Day.

So, after maybe the two and a half longest weeks of my construction waiting life, we got our long plumb today! We were getting pretty grumpy that we hadn't had any movement since tile and coping was finished on May 2. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is what happens when you build during peak pool building season in Texas. I also have to laugh at myself like an evil movie villain for ever thinking we might be swimming on Memorial Day.

You think your yard is jacked up, and then the long plumb comes to remind you what post apocalyptic chic really looks like.

Fingers crossed we might knock electrical out this week too. (I just jinxed the pool gods, didn't I?)

UVZssAs.png

dwRicY4.jpg

OQ0CPFg.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking good! I am replying to your post from mine through your build thread. Learning to manage the water was much easier than I thought. This site and the information the people dish out is so helpful. One of the biggest things I was not prepared for was the time it took to build although ours was built in a decent window I did not like seeing WEEKS go by with beautiful weather and nothing being done and when they finally would show up it was only a tease but slowly it was completed. Looking forward to seeing this build go through!

@fourhorses: Thanks for the moral support!

@riley00dog: They are here now and seem to be doing a great job. We are schedule for patio forms tomorrow and inspection on Friday! Feels like lots of good progress and we are supposedly on the list for plaster but don't know our window yet. Hope you're enjoying your beautiful pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.