Pool lighting

Sharonjh

Bronze Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Australia
Have been thinking about replacing the pool lights as they don’t work but it looks like the wiring runs underground with no conduit. Is it possible just to cut the wire at the light and connect to new light as the only other option I see would be to dig a trench to put the new wire and conduit into?

I would use the old wire I don't see a reason not to unless it is cut. As far as splicing it, most of those are in a wet niche so the entire wire is wet. You'll have to waterproof the wire splice unless you can cut off enough to wire the new light without the splice being exposed to the water.

The transformer adds a wrinkle. If you get lights compatible with the existing transformer you could use the old one. It looks like a low voltage 24 volt system. I would think your new lights, if volt low voltage, would include a new transformer. The one thing is I don't think you'll be able to get anything but low voltage lights unless you run new lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.