Pentair 12V Intellibrite retrofit in ET 8

dmh

Jun 7, 2015
Houston, TX
I have Pentair 120V color pool and spa lights on separate relays inside an EasyTouch 8. The pool LED light has finally stopped working after years of slow decline. I was thinking about replacing it with a Pentair 12V color LED light (Pentair 601011). After reading on this forum and the web, I believe the procedure would be as follows:
  • Install a 120VAC to 12VAC transformer on the exterior of my Pentair EasyTouch 8 box or hang it from the wall (e.g., an Intermatic PX100).
  • Wire the 120VAC input on the transformer to the existing pool light relay being careful not to route it through the low voltage compartment of the EasyTouch.
  • Run the 12VAC wire through the existing conduit to the underwater pool light location. As I understand it, if the spa 120VAC wires pass through the same conduit, I cannot do this because you are not supposed to run low voltage and high voltage wires inside the same conduit.
Do I have this right?
Am I right in thinking the transformer itself will switch on and off when I change the pool light color?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.