New F/Glass build DownUnder - Adelaide - What have I let myself in for?... :)

I started my pump and cleaned a small section of the deep end just to see how well the hairnet would work in capturing the 'rocks, pebbles, stones, gravel.....'

Ok - So this was after vacuuming for a few minutes:

Is33bJ.jpg

As it seemed to be working well I replace the hairnet with a new one and repeated the process.

Result:

RkmeLL.jpg

I ended up using another 3 hairnets to fully vacuum the floor...!

- - - Updated - - -

Hurry up! I want to see the end result or the timelapse to Benny Hill music [emoji23]

:punkrock:

- - - Updated - - -

So far so good...! - After approx. an hour or so vacuuming and changing out hairnets a couple of times I was done with the floor:

5MABbU.jpg

Sooo... excited to see a clean floor that I did not even notice the knot in the hose earlier while vacuuming:

MfBYQ3.jpg

So now you are all probably thinking - OK, you have managed to capture the large debris but what about all the finer stuff that will just end up in your main filter.

Well, I have one of these things installed inline before my main sand/glass filter....

Waterco Multi-Cyclone centrifugal filter:

Here it is on a 'good' day all nice & clean:

a6xIPL.jpg

....and here it is after today's workout - Seemed to capture a decent load of fine debris...:goodjob:

sgUusB.jpg

As a result - I only needed to backwash my main filter for approx. 1 minute before the waste water was clean - No 3 minute+ backwash required...!!!

Pool was now clean enough to let the Dolphin out....

fFsta9.jpg

uFNaDl.jpg

Looked good enough for a swim today....

Only catch:

KTkbn1.jpg

Two shots from this evening - Still requires some fine filtering of the water due to it being stirred up so much today but it ain't looking too shabby...

rgFIwj.jpg

Juo0LR.jpg

So all in all I call today's effort a success...!

Wow [emoji50] Excellent result! I had. Feeling your plan would work. Now your pool looks like your water - spotless! Must be such a good feeling to have that rubbish out of your pool. That cyclone pre filter did an amazing job as did the hair nets. Do you have a plan on protecting the pool for when they do the paving? My concrete resurfacing guy is going to do the grinding and step that we are having added on Tuesday. After seeing what that small amount of grinding did to my pool on Monday I’m going to buy a tarp bigger than the pool (not hard [emoji23]) and cover it completely.

Wow [emoji50] Must be such a good feeling to have that rubbish out of your pool.

Honestly I just found it too much of an eyesore and was anxious in having it cleaned - Spending all that effort in keeping the water balanced to TFP specs but having the floor act as a 'filthy' backdrop did not make my pool 'pop'.

That cyclone pre filter did an amazing job as did the hair nets.

The hairnets were obvious but I had really forgotten about the Multi Cyclone's ability to filter as well! It was only the other night when I had really thought about testing its ability to filter while vacuuming.

Biggest advantage is that it takes a huge load off the main filter which saves heaps of water - Only takes a bucket or two to empty the cyclone and with the reduced backwash/rinse time - I lost very little water today.

Do you have a plan on protecting the pool for when they do the paving?

Not yet - however from today's result I am now not all that concerned as I can simply repeat the process without any drama - It is pretty quick, not much different to vacuuming normally, except I don't have to vacuum to waste...:whoot:

My concrete resurfacing guy is going to do the grinding and step that we are having added on Tuesday. After seeing what that small amount of grinding did to my pool on Monday I’m going to buy a tarp bigger than the pool (not hard [emoji23]) and cover it completely.

Good idea... Tarps are pretty cheap. I will have to do something similar when we will be painting my shed at a later stage this year.

:shock: all of those stones and such were in the pool??? GOOD job NOT letting them go through the pump! OUCH!

I am so loving the cyclone! I saw one added to a pool just the other day and was all "I know what that is!" and told them they will love having it1

NOW your pool is a TFP to the max!!! So pretty and jewel like!

Kim:kim:

How did your robot go and what did your daughter end up naming it? I love Jeff more than any other piece of equipment... although that’s not hard at the moment [emoji36] Ran him twice today just because I could. The bag needs cleaning after ever run I have found or he won’t climb all the way to the top of the waterline. His bag never has much in it but cleaning it makes such a difference.

icon_eek.gif
all of those stones and such were in the pool???

The size and number surprised me as well.

I am so loving the cyclone!

I found it very handy for today's event..!

NOW your pool is a TFP to the max!!! So pretty and jewel like!

Kim
Kim_Cheering.gif

Can only thank TFP and its members for that....:goodjob:

How did your robot go

Seemed to work OK. I used the finer pleated filters as the pool was fairly clean to start with but it still picked up a fair amount of fine dirt.

I had to clean it after approx 1hr on its very first run (Full bag LED came on) but then it ran full cycle after a quick clean.

I found the Bluetooth app very handy - Quite a few extra options available only via the app. eg: Intensive cleaning mode where the bot creates more suction but moves slower. Also being able to move the bot manually was handy in some instances as I could drive it to a difficult spot and clean where it may have missed.

Only drawback with my pool is that it cannot climb over the small perimeter ledge and therefore it cannot get right up and clean the waterline - not sure if the smaller S200/S300 series bot would be able to either. No major drama being a FG pool and I intend to manually brush this regularly anyway.

and what did your daughter end up naming it?

She has not thought of a name as yet - maybe tomorrow when she sees it in action.

Excellent! I think your robot is likely a better model than mine. Mine doesn’t have Bluetooth but I’m happy with the control unit. I just set it to run once a day then reset each week. I do often just run it when it suits me though so the Bluetooth would be handy for that. I don’t have the pleats either but think I can purchase them. Mine is the DB3 which I think is pb exclusive model. This was another thing we didn’t upgrade. Really happy with it for what it is though. I can imagine your little ledge would be a problem for it but as you said you will be brushing anyway and your pool is fibreglass.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The temp does seem to make a big difference. Not that it really matters once again with your pool being fibreglass. Was just curious. I can’t believe your water is 10* [emoji15] Ours is 30* [emoji23] Bit chilly so I’m going to bump it to 32* and hopefully get my first swim in tomorrow. Meant to be 23* and sunny. As long as there’s no wind it will be ok... maybe! Today was beautiful too in the sun I just didn’t have the chance.

Wow, Costas, that looks great! I would have needed to get that stuff out of there too, lol. Totally understand :) Great job on it.

Thanks...!

I decided to test my fill water today - Straight from the tap and although Adelaide tap water is not the best to drink the results surprised me as to how good it is for pool fill...!

Critical Tests:

PH 7.2
CH 100
TA 70

I'll test later in the year as well to see if it changes any towards the summer months.

A bit of work carried out today... Tiling that had not been completed in my plant room - mainly the fiddly bits which required cutting away half curves into the tiles so they would fit reasonably snug against my incoming pipework.

Hopefully to be grouted tomorrow and some silicone run around the bottom and corner edges to complete the waterproofing barrier. Will be good enough to hose everything down if ever required.

Had to remove my main pump and ancillary 'bits' to allow my tiler some room to maneouvre in... :D

Pool feels naked with no main filtration and pump attached - Will connect it all back tomorrow...!

cpL7gk.jpg

PkSCGV.jpg

Still need to finish off the top half (sanding) and ceiling (cornice) before painting and then fitting some doors...Slowly getting there...!

ZMna2k.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.