New Beach Build

After two days of working and reworking the design, it is mostly ready to go for Tuesday's pour. It rained overnight though and we have found a bit of a drainage issue and now are trying to decide the best fix for it. It may be more channel drains combined with a french drain. Landscaper and irrigation guy are meeting with us on Wednesday for final decisions. It was torture not to be able to use the pool int he 90 degree heat the last few days, but hopefully soon!

41930454261_d79c3ec2eb_z.jpg

41930454601_24b840bd44_z.jpg

40123086970_d3971df1d7_z.jpg

Well, last week saw some of the concrete poured, but not all due to weather and our contractor's schedule. Seriously, it has been a comedy of errors around here. Fingers crossed the rest of the backyard pour will be done tomorrow morning. Then we can move on to the giant mound of sand and dirt that needs to be used to grade the years and then be hauled off, but of course there is thunderstorms Wednesday - Friday this week. So far...
41373578984_aefcbc4604_z.jpg

41373579014_120d70144a_z.jpg

41373578964_d330e9b011_z.jpg

But, but, but you were SO close to being done :( I have a sad for you but at least what they did looks good!

Kim:kim:

Thank you. Patience is a virtue, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Agh! So close to all being done. No helping the weather I guess. Fingers crossed they can get in to finish it off soon. What is done looks great.

Thanks! It does seem to be harder now that the weather is warm and we are so close to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Hallelujah! The backyard concrete is poured. We still have a pad for the garbage cans and have to replace some broken sidewalk, but that won't delay the pool opening. PB said he would come out later this week to grade, weather permitting. We need these thunderstorms to stay away! I want to swim on Memorial Day!!!!!!!
41215366015_e797407d48_z.jpg

I’m beginning to think a Memorial Day swim won’t happen here in Nepa. Rain all week and a cool down again. I hear ur pain. I have been sitting on brick for a week with no action and sand washing away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Guys!!!!! We had an unexpected pool opening this weekend! One of the PB foreman came and spent ALL DAY Friday picking up all the junk from our coping by hand (vacuuming it could have ripped the liner) and then vacuuming it all spotless. It is in the middle of dirt pile, it was cloudy all weekend, but the heater was on 82 and we SWAM!!!!!!!!! Still fighting weather and landscaper and PB to actually finish up the project, but hopefully it will get started soon. For now...
27396004457_6e384ca05d_z.jpg

27396013107_46db06f27a_z.jpg

NO WAY!!!! OH WAY he says!!!!! SWEET! Love the plaster color!

How is the water balancing going? The brushing? Any dust coming off?

Well shoot, that's the best compliment you can get....when it's a liner pool, lol. Looks great!!! So happy that you were able to swim this weekend! We're still waiting on our liner to be installed....and waiting, and waiting..ugh!

Kim's Note-Fixed it LOL That is quite a compliment as it sure looks like plaster!

You got to swim!!! Awesome! I bet it felt good. That’s very good of your pb to get it tidied. The paving company who did our deck recommended getting a little battery powered rechargeable blower to blow off the debris from the paving. Still trying to decide which one but they’re very light weight and powerful these days.

Loved seeing this today!! This is the liner (no border) we ended up picking after going back and forth between this and Reef. Ultimately, we chose the gold pebble with no border. It's neat to see what the water will end up looking like! I'd love to see more pics, especially looking down towards the water in the shallow and deep end. We are doing a gray step b/c our builder doesn't do vinyl lined steps. It will also have concrete lightly chiseled cantilever around the entire thing. Can't wait!!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

NO WAY!!!! OH WAY he says!!!!! SWEET! Love the plaster water color!

How is the water balancing going?

You are the best! PB has been doing the pool stuff and it has been crystal clear. I am doing “his” pool school hopefully tomorrow. I have my kit, but I am a little intimidated by everything. I will conquer my fear this weekend and get numbers to you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Well shoot, that's the best compliment you can get....when it's a liner pool, lol. Looks great!!! So happy that you were able to swim this weekend! We're still waiting on our liner to be installed....and waiting, and waiting..ugh!

Kim's Note-Fixed it LOL That is quite a compliment as it sure looks like plaster!

I’m sorry to hear you are still waiting! I certainly know the frustration. I hope it is soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Loved seeing this today!! This is the liner (no border) we ended up picking after going back and forth between this and Reef. Ultimately, we chose the gold pebble with no border. It's neat to see what the water will end up looking like! I'd love to see more pics, especially looking down towards the water in the shallow and deep end. We are doing a gray step b/c our builder doesn't do vinyl lined steps. It will also have concrete lightly chiseled cantilever around the entire thing. Can't wait!!

LOVE this liner. I will take some better close up pics for you this weekend. The deep end picture above is pretty true to color. The shallow end is not as vibrant because there isn’t as much water to refract the light, but still a lovely color. It ripples in the sunlight and really looks like pebbles on the bottom, so I couldn’t be happier. Grey will look great with this liner. In fact, PB put in grey edging, skimmers and jets because white really doesn’t look great with it. Grey looks perfect.

Yay!!!! Thank you so much!! I was really nervous about the tan pebble liner b/c most pics on this forum of the gold pebble look really light and green. We saw it in person, and it looks nothing like that!! Can't wait to see more!!

It's funny how water color can look so different depending on time of day, sun, clouds, water depth, etc. I think the gold pebble liner is beautiful and I think it looks especially pretty in this pool with the 8 ft water depth. Love it!

NO WAY!!!! OH WAY he says!!!!! SWEET! Love the plaster water color!

How is the water balancing going?

I conquered my fears and did all the testing.

Ph 8.0
Cl Br. 1 2

2ppm free chlorine
.5 combined chlorine
2.5 total chlorine

350 total alkalinity. (Seems way off)

20 for CYA test (seems way off) even at 20 I could still make out black dot

didnt do calcium because it is a vinyl pool and crystal clear

looks like I need stabilizer, what else?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.