New Beach Build

AND.....after much excitement and anticipation, this is what my pool likes like today...
dbtgallery.php

Apparently they found a hole in the liner when putting it in Thursday. It has to be remanufactured and overnighted, so maybe next week? I am so disappointed.

Nor did they slip a secret patch on & call it a day..
Kudos to the crew!!

Totally agree with you, because we would never have known as we are 1st time pool owners.

- - - Updated - - -

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least they found it BEFORE it went all the way on and was full of water but that makes me VERY sad :(

I know, what can you do? It was just a frustrating week all around because the rails for the new porch were supposed to go in and they mis-measured and have to redo them. The gas line to the heater was not inspected, thus the upgraded gas meter can't be scheduled to go in and our grill and fireplace continue to sit there unused. It will all be worth it in the end, that is what we keep saying!

Well, it has been a busy busy week (finally) around here. Back Porch rails up and inspection passed. Gas inspection passed, new meter in, fireplace and grill are working. Sadly the fireplace has a manufacturing issue and needs to be replaced. AND, liner went in Wednesday and you can see the progression in the following pics. PB came this morning on the way to his son's soccer match to take out the vacuum and let us fill it up to the top. Skimmers and jets will be cut out Monday! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tan liner. The water is sparkly and looks so refreshing...sadly it is in the 50's today here.

Seriously, I cannot tell you how turquoise the water is, especially in the all day sun we get in our backyard. I took a leap of faith since I had none in the area to look at and it paid off. This week I actually want it to rain to help with the backfill and it looks promising on Tuesday and Wednesday. Coping is hopefully coming the following week, concrete the week after that, irrigation and then landscape.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH that looks so pretty!! I wonder how it will look when you get the water all balanced? Even better I bet. The PH and TA are OH SO important to the long life of your liner. Keep a close eye on those.

Kim:kim:

Will do! I have the test kit, need to break it out and read up this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that tan Sierra / gold pebble??

Yep!

- - - Updated - - -

I love your choice of liner colour! You are almost there.

Thank you!

And, the coping went in today! I chose a charcoal coping with a charcoal grout (as little as possible) and I love how it looks. The water is muddy from all the work, but when it is back to turquoise it will really pop with the dark grey tile. I am sure it is going to be hot this summer, but I just couldn't help myself. Concrete slated to be finished by next week, so I will be back with more pics then.
41812711151_ffeaa0c0ff_z.jpg

41812711931_76646409dc_z.jpg
41812711041_d917f601d1_z.jpg

trying to finalize the pool fountain, you can see the white stub out for the plumbing and electrical. We are doing a sheer descent with LED light. I want a 3 foot one, but I want to be able to curve it slightly to match the curve in the pool. We are looking at Hayward as that matches the brand of pool equipment we are using. Is such a thing available?

I love that coping!! Good pick and that grout is purrfect! Well done!

Okay lets go looking for curved sheers! that light up! I found some. I would vet the companies as some seem a little off center for some reason. You might have to do some poking around to find the best seller.

Hayward Sheer 500 Waterfall WFS536B6 - Pool Supply 4Less

Zodiac 1 Foot Sheer Descent-Extended Lip, Clear 1201C

Amazon.com : Jandy Zodiac 1201C Sheer Descent 1 Outdoor

That should get you started!

Kim:kim:

THANK YOU! The first one is the one I had seen somewhere earlier, but my PB said it only came in straight pieces, but my mason said the curved one would look better. IDK. Going on a digging hunt, maybe I just need to order it myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Coping looks great! That’s a lovely neat job.

Thank you, our Mason has done phenomenal work for us on this project.

You have my dream pool! Enjoy!!! Can't wait to see that liner in full sun and the pool completely done!

Hi everyone!
I will be back with cement framing pictures tomorrow. But it looks like we decided on a slightly curved LED sheer descent waterfall by CMP - Brilliant Wonders LED waterfalls. It will be a single 3 foot waterfall. It has a transformer and remote that will link all our LEDs to whatever pattern of colors we want. Our mason has to come measure the radius of the curve this weekend and then we can order it. I am exhausted from decision-making! We spent hours this week finalizing where the concrete is going to go, it is definitely a unique design and I am hoping it looks good when it comes together. If not, oh well! THank you for all the comments and advice, it is so appreciated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.