Next project - pool equipment pad and replumb

33483d5c823b17dd7199bcf2f46fb1f3.jpg

By 'clear' I believe it was does the water drain out of the corrugated pipe without restriction?

Mine is poured right up to the foundation but we are in a very dry climate. Not sure that matters. Just be absolutely sure you slope it away from the house.

I would put it up to the foundation but use a foam or asbestos (hehehehe, I’m old school and still think all this mesothelioma stuff is nonsense ;) ) expansion joint. Then top it with some polyurethane mastic compound.

Following with interest as this is probably my next pool job...

Question, do you need re-bar suspended in there, or can it just be 100% concrete?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would do steel mesh in there held up using small concrete blocks about midway. I’d also do the base is something similar to crusher run or quarry run crushed gravel.

Two sidetracks for the discussion...

1) my daughter caught this with the leaf net in the pool today (I really need to get this filter back up and running)

ea912776b7314c64f9c8d826f9b41994.jpg

2) I bought a mountain bike... so now my thoughts can go back to a robot, a SWG, a variable or dual speed pump, and a UV system for the hot tub... ugh... I need to win the lottery!

dd00c5c8f644a70abbc247eb67be23dc.jpg

Frogs are ok. They do little harm...except when they mate, lay eggs in your pool and then you have an explosion of a million little tadpoles (don’t ask how I know....).

The lottery kills people (proven fact), you just need to curb your mountain bike habit....honestly, all that exercise is going to kill you. You should really be relaxing in the hot tub or floating a pool noodle. Biking takes too much energy....

Frogs are ok. They do little harm...except when they mate, lay eggs in your pool and then you have an explosion of a million little tadpoles (don’t ask how I know....).

The lottery kills people (proven fact), you just need to curb your mountain bike habit....honestly, all that exercise is going to kill you. You should really be relaxing in the hot tub or floating a pool noodle. Biking takes too much energy....

[emoji23] I actually never play the lottery, so it’ll be awfully difficult to win... and I’m sitting in the hot tub now! The perfect thing to do after all that shovel work. Btw - it is so much better now than it was before. Much more flow out of the jets!

As for the mountain bike... it’s the most fun way I’ve found to exercise.

I appreciate the ongoing guidance on my overhaul projects! Thanks a bunch.

Don’t bother with head loss. Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump. You get a 3HP pump that you can vary the speed of from 600-3450RPM. You find the lowest speed that satisfies the flow switch for the SWG and that’s the speed you use to generate chlorine. You can use other speeds (slower or faster) for other purposes (slow skim, vacuum, water feature, whatever). The energy savings from a VSP are great.

B,

I second Matt's suggestion on the IntelliFlo... I like to say "... all the other pumps are almost as good as the IntelliFlo..." :cool:

Just make sure you do not get the one with the special SVRS option.. not needed, not required, and can cause false error shutdowns...

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.