Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Caught the neighborhood mouser having a cool drink from my pool....apparently he likes the salty/borate-y taste of my water....

DC681573-B5CA-46EC-9E5C-8A3CBD2CAF1E.jpg

What a pretty kitty! Does he leave you gifts?

What does YOUR kitty think when she sees him?? :shock: My cats are so used to "sharing" with new kids they don't even blink anymore when there is another new one :roll: I guess that is a good thing when we take in all of the oldsters from the shelter.

Kim:kim:

What a pretty kitty! Does he leave you gifts?

What does YOUR kitty think when she sees him?? :shock: My cats are so used to "sharing" with new kids they don't even blink anymore when there is another new one :roll: I guess that is a good thing when we take in all of the oldsters from the shelter.

Kim:kim:

He leaves little bombs around but nothing in or near the pool. My cat was sleeping at the time but when they have seen each other, it's hilarious as my cat goes into psycho-evil kitty mode and launches herself into every window around trying to get out. It's quite funny to watch. I would not want them to come into actual contact though - I once had to separate two fighting cats and you can easily lose a body part if you're not at least on the other end of a 5ft broom pole. I had no garden hose at the time, so it was quite scary.

Was this picture taken through the scope of your .30-06?

If it were a ground squirrel, you'd seen it all in monochrome green with before and after kill shots. I go all special forces sniper mode on those evil little buggers :evil:

You need to get the new Barrett .50 caliber with thermal imaging scope. Sure, some people think that it's too much, but we know that there's no such thing as too much firepower.

You need to get the new Barrett .50 caliber with thermal imaging scope. Sure, some people think that it's too much, but we know that there's no such thing as too much firepower.

My neighbor "wiggles sticks" for the Air National Guard & Border Patrol, I bet he could get me one of those....

Where’s the “like” button??

PayPal or Apple Pay directly into my personal off-shore account works well....

Yep, HOA drone cat. Makes total sense.

Those palm trees are the bane of my pool existence. I should have shot the landscaper for putting them in - it’s just too cold here in Tucson for Queen palms. Every winter they get whacked by the few sub-freezing nights we have and then they struggle all spring and summer to come back only to get beat down again by another cold snap. They are water intensive plants and the clay soil here is totally wrong for them. There is a chainsaw in their future and it’s onky a matter of when ....

As for the dying fronds, I only prune fronds when they are totally brown from the leaves to the stem. Palms are grasses and so you don’t want to remove fronds that are still partially green or yellow because the tree itself will re-absorb water and nutrients from a dying frond. “Hurricane cuts” (very popular thing to do in FL) are very detrimental to the health of a palm tree and typically results in smaller trunk diameters making the tree weaker and more susceptible to wind damage, not less....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Those palm trees are the bane of my pool existence. I should have shot the landscaper for putting them in - it’s just too cold here in Tucson for Queen palms. Every winter they get whacked by the few sub-freezing nights we have and then they struggle all spring and summer to come back only to get beat down again by another cold snap. They are water intensive plants and the clay soil here is totally wrong for them. There is a chainsaw in their future and it’s onky a matter of when ....

As for the dying fronds, I only prune fronds when they are totally brown from the leaves to the stem. Palms are grasses and so you don’t want to remove fronds that are still partially green or yellow because the tree itself will re-absorb water and nutrients from a dying frond. “Hurricane cuts” (very popular thing to do in FL) are very detrimental to the health of a palm tree and typically results in smaller trunk diameters making the tree weaker and more susceptible to wind damage, not less....

+1 for Queen palms not growing well in Tucson and letting palm fronds hang until dry! Cannot convince my neighbors! :(

Queens are almost like weeds around here. They grow very well but look like garbage if they aren't maintained. I know your supposed to wait to trim them until the fronds are completely dry but by that point the house looks like a repo.

My favorite Palm is the Canary. I was obsessed with these things a few years ago and transplanted several into my yard. The biggest one arrived on a semi truck and took a 50T crane to place.

I pretty much slept under the thing for 3 months and constantly tested the soil moisture and drainage. It ended up dying about a year later and took several years of my life with it (due to stress and checking account damage).

Long story short - what's there now????

Queens:(

I like my ghetto-pool. I’m thinking of painting the interior...a nice chartreuse will let me hide the algae and go au-naturale on the sanitation....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.