Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

We call them “estate sales” .... ie, some old dude croaked and now his kids are stuck with figuring out how to get rid of his miniature porcelain schnauzer collectibles....

Or Cliff would be knocking on your door asking to sleep on your couch...just until he can get back on his feet....few days, max!

:laughblue:

No worries, Cliff and I would just text his wife the grilling masterpieces we are indulging on. He’d be back home, 2 days tops!!

Family tricked me into eating ice cream for supper and I wasn’t in the mood to do much cooking, so I fired up the sandwich maker. :)

Lee, as a man, you have an inherent right to a sandwich at any given time!! ;)

Nothing wrong with grilled ham and cheese. Just missing the tomato soup. [emoji2]

Ya dude, love tomato soup!! Especially gilled cheese and tomato soup with crackers!!

Rob, Rob, Rob...there is more than one way to win the war! Dirty little battles are only half the story...

Matt no need to leave the house as my begging...I mean...negotiating skills are off the chart!!

:) :) :)

Cliffy, your skills are questionable at best. My wife knows not to say no. No worries, mi casa su casa. She’ll be calling you post haste. ;)

Oh no....now I need a sandwich maker!!!! Off to Amazon to shop for one.

Really? The MIT engineer doesn’t have a panini press? I’m going to have to have a talk with you. Your man card is in question at this point.

I have also been looking into a gas griddle for the past months but was concerned about corrosion, I would keep it under a covered deck, but was wondering about snowy winter months and high humidity times. ?

Like good cast iron cookware, keep the surface greased and the griddle covered with a good solid cover and it should last a long time.

Dang all this talking about griddles is making me want one but I just don’t have anywhere to put it so please stop talking about GRIDDLES. [emoji36]

Like good cast iron cookware, keep the surface greased and the griddle covered with a good solid cover and it should last a long time.

Yup..... keep it sseasoned and covered and you’re golden. Should never see a drop of water.
988cab95f456a3fa588e23f7b3c9e42e.jpg

Dang all this talking about griddles is making me want one but I just don’t have anywhere to put it so please stop talking about GRIDDLES. [emoji36]

If I were you I would make room!!! I’ll use my big steel keg for long and slow’s such as pork but that take over 12 hours, I will use my Weber kettle for chicken and ribs, this thing is going to do everything else. I doubt I will use my gas grill much more. I made breakfast yesterday morning, pancakes, sausage, eggs with room to spare. I’m loving it

If I were you I would make room!!! I’ll use my big steel keg for long and slow’s such as pork but that take over 12 hours, I will use my Weber kettle for chicken and ribs, this thing is going to do everything else. I doubt I will use my gas grill much more. I made breakfast yesterday morning, pancakes, sausage, eggs with room to spare. I’m loving it

What do you use for standing rib roasts? I used the rotisserie on my grill for these and roasted birds ?

What do you use for standing rib roasts? I used the rotisserie on my grill for these and roasted birds ?

I’m not saying I’m getting rid of my gas grill or I will never ever use it again, I’m just saying it’s going to be a very small percent of the time. This griddle will take over 95% of what I did on my gas grill, plus I can do so many other foods you can’t do on a grill, like stirfry, pancakes, bacon, eggs and on and on. Plus after eating those hamburgers off this grill, they were delicious. I intend on finding out what a nice steak is like tonight. YUMMY! (I hope) i’m the one who needs to stop buying things, currently I have a big steel keg, a weber performer kettle, a lion gas grill, a pizza oven, and now this griddle. I’m sick I tell ya!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Went to a fine dining restaurant tonight, “What’s It Called.” Had a meal of Crispy Ricotta and Basil Meatballs with Penne in chunky Marinara. Also had a side of Rainbow Tortellini with browned butter.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We bought a kit from Kroger’s that was already prepared, just had to follow a few easy steps. The girls wanted to cook, so we let them. Because the kit wouldn’t feed us all we also grabbed an bag of tortellini on clearance. :)

0A13CA2C-C349-4E69-BD7E-C1B9B8D3FA36.jpg
5EE4FE0F-4FA0-422A-BC66-3648854C9E32.jpg

We call them “estate sales” .... ie, some old dude croaked and now his kids are stuck with figuring out how to get rid of his miniature porcelain schnauzer collectibles....

I hate to admit this but it’s the truth!!

I would buy every single one. I am a mini schnauzer man!! What was that PTBarnum quote you just sent me??

Despite their different temperament,I will want a giant schnauzer.
I must wait until the kids are older.
I saw a giant schnauzer sniffing for drugs in Arizona on Cops.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this but it’s the truth!!

I would buy every single one. I am a mini schnauzer man!! What was that PTBarnum quote you just sent me??

Despite their different temperament,I will want a giant schnauzer.
I must wait until the kids are older.
I saw a giant schnauzer sniffing for drugs in Arizona on Cops.

Drug dogs are in high demand here....sadly, all the fentanyl laced garbage (marijuana and heroin) streaming across the boarder is killing the poor animals. It doesn’t take much fentanyl to make a dog sick and there are many documented cases of Border Patrol agents having to administer naloxone rescue meds to the dogs because they become delirious and intoxicated. Makes me mad ....

But this made me happy -

1374BE88-6E61-47BF-A3CC-3E9E022A0C38.jpg
1430B01B-731B-41B3-9CAF-C301F801C82C.jpg

Prosciutto and cheese stuffed baby Bella’s cooked on a discount rack ($8) cast iron grille plate. Served on a bed of warm cream sauce and topped with toasted Parmesan sprinkles.

YUMMY!!

Drug dogs are in high demand here....sadly, all the fentanyl laced garbage (marijuana and heroin) streaming across the boarder is killing the poor animals. It doesn’t take much fentanyl to make a dog sick and there are many documented cases of Border Patrol agents having to administer naloxone rescue meds to the dogs because they become delirious and intoxicated. Makes me mad ....

But this made me happy -

View attachment 85060

View attachment 85061

Prosciutto and cheese stuffed baby Bella’s cooked on a discount rack ($8) cast iron grille plate. Served on a bed of warm cream sauce and topped with toasted Parmesan sprinkles.

YUMMY!!

Magic mushrooms!!
Release the Shroom shniffin’ schnauzer !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.