Pentair ic40 - salt reading Zero on phone app

CaptainUnderpants

Bronze Supporter
Aug 14, 2017
Long Beach, CA
Everything seems to be working. The cells panel shows salt good and status generating. Plus I have verified that the cell is actually generating chlorine by testing water from the inlet. The pool FCL is 6.5, but with the cell on 100%, the water at the inlet reads 9.0. So everything says that the cell is just fine. But several days ago my phone app salt reading went from a normal reading (3,000-3,500), to Zero. I tried rebooting the system, disconnecting the cable and reconnecting the cable, but still get 0.

I am inclined to just let it be, as the reading the salt cell sends to the app is not really accurate or needed.

Anybody else have a similar problem?

C,

Normally, when the salt reading is zero, it means that you have lost communications between the cell and the EasyTouch...

What does the main panel say when you look at the cell diagnostics? Menu, Diagnostics, Chlorinator..

Can you still control the % of output from your phone and does the it match the cell's % lights?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, I can still control the pool and spa percentages from the phone app and the display on the cell does show the same settings as on the app, so communication is still there. Every aspect of the phone app is still functioning and pool / spa equipment responds accordingly.

Diagnostics from the main panel show salt to be zero, and the cell is good. Status OK - no errors. Hmmmm.

C,

Well I'm at a loss. If the panel and ScreenLogic read the same and the cell is controllable, then communications are good and you would not think it was a ScreenLogic issue.

If the cell is still under warranty, I'd get Pentair, or your pool builder, to come have a look at it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

Well... my IC40 just shut off due to cold water. Guess what happens... You can still adjust the % of cell output from ScreenLogic, but the salt reading is zero.

If you go out a look at the cell, all the lights are off except the red cold water light.

ScreenLogic has an "Alert" for Cold Water Shut Off, but if you are not looking for it, you might not see it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.