All my numbers are within spec , why alage??

May 4, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi,
I have a similar problem. My numbers are:
FC: 4
TAC: 4
CH: 230
CYA: 60
TA: 90
pH: 7.4
TDS: 400
Phosphates: 100

And I don't have algae in particular spots but all over the pool. Even if I shock the pool with 3 lb I see no difference. Any explanations?

Pancho,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all pool owners suffering from Algae... :shark:

Those look like Pool Store numbers to me, which means that they are likely not correct..

Assuming they are correct for now, your FC level is way too low for your CYA range... See this chart... [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

It really is that simple....

The problem is.. that most likely your Pool Store CYA reading of 90 is probably wrong and it is most likely much higher.

I also suspect that you have been using 3" chlorine tablets to chlorinate your pool.. I say that because that is the reason most of us originally found this website.

Suggest you read our Pool School and think about converting to the TFP process of pool care. See this.... Pool School - Pool School

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.