Bronze Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Richland, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been using PoolMath for my pool and the TFP method of using liquid chlorine. How do I use PoolMath for my 325 gal. fiberglass spa? In the "Suggested Goal Levels" do I select "Traditional Spa" or "TroubleFreePool.com"?

The spa chemistry "sticky" post has suggestions that more closely align with the "Traditional Spa" selection.

For examples,
1. Sticky says to target TA of 50 ppm and "Traditional Spa" goal is 50-80 while "Troublefreepool.com" target is 70-90+.
2. Sticky says to target CH of 150 ppm and "Traditional Spa" goal is 120-200 while "Troublefreepool.com" target is 220-320.

Yes, there are different suggestions. CH in a spa helps if you have foaming issues- I don't so I only raise it slightly. Keep in mind that TA plays along with pH. With a spa the pH often goes up due to aeration from the jets, but if you use spa chlorine products instead of bleach (diclor then bleach) those are acidic. So it is something you have to tweak depending on your individual needs.
CH is not necessary in acrylic spas unlike plaster ones, hence the lower range.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.