Bixby, Oklahoma Pool Build Under way

Oct 20, 2017
Bixby/Oklahoma
Just joined TFP after reading for days.. Looking for some insight with Pebble sheen as I keep going back and forth with color and tile. Looking at Black Onyx but I've seen a lot of people will add abalone to the Blue surf. Just got off Pebble Tec and they are currently not selling the beadcreate. Hopefully you can see the plan I created in pool studio and where the PB is at currently. Hoping to find someone local that has any color to view.

Thanks,

Chad
10-20-17PoolBuild | 10-20-17 | Chad Tinney | Flickr
PoolStudioPic | PoolStudio | Chad Tinney | Flickr

Hi Neighbor! Welcome to TFP, the BEST place to learn to care for your own pool, filled with friendly helpful people!
I’m so glad you found us and you will be too!

Looks like a great start to your at home oasis. You can use the search bar to look for threads about pebble sheen and Blue Surf (aka Blue Smurf around here!).
If you have the option of adding abalone, it makes a beautiful addition to the plaster. There are SOME folks that have had trouble with their abalone becoming discolored, BUT, this is not the experience of everyone. Seems to maybe be a quality issue with the abalone the builders are using. I have it and love it!!

We LOVE pictures and following along as you build, and we love to “help” spend your $$ ;)

Blessings!

BTW- I see you are planning to get the Clear Comfort System...

Heres a thread about that

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/110184-Clear-Comfort-Chlorine-Free-Pool-Anyone

We HIGHLY recommend that you use a SWG or liquid chlorine (aka plain bleach) for your sanitizing as these types of systems add things to you pool that can/will cause you a great deal of trouble....

Here’s another thread with information for you

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/137241-Clear-Comfort-Chlorine-Free-System

tm,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your new pool questions... :shark:

Going to be tough swimming with the pipe in the middle of the pool... :p

What is it? I assume the sewer line... What is the plan for it?

Did they just shoot some gunite to hold the dirt in place while they work on the pool?

I like the look of your pool in the rendering.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jimrahbe,

That is the sewer line. Once the gunite is sprayed they are going to go back and reroute it. You are correct about them flashing the walls with gunite to stop the dirt from falling. You will notice on the left of the picture the gap between the 2x4 where the wall was collapsing. The utility easement made my pool narrow. I called the city hoping they would allow me to grab a couple of feet but was declined.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the knowledge! I'm going to mention this right now to my pb.

Jimrahbe,

That is the sewer line. Once the gunite is sprayed they are going to go back and reroute it. You are correct about them flashing the walls with gunite to stop the dirt from falling. You will notice on the left of the picture the gap between the 2x4 where the wall was collapsing. The utility easement made my pool narrow. I called the city hoping they would allow me to grab a couple of feet but was declined.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the knowledge! I'm going to mention this right now to my pb.

I tried the same thing with my easement. Bixby wouldn’t budge. My pool is just 6 inches wider than yours and the extra 10ft of length you have that I don’t is taken up by our spa.

Your PB will probably not agree with what is taught here. Most don’t know a lot about pool water maintenance. Do yourself a favor and arm yourself with as much knowledge from this site as you can. Doing this helped me tremendously when I was doing my build last year. On this site, I learned about my equipment, pool cleaners, and chemistry (among a LOT of other things), and when I requested things outside the PB’s usual offered things, I received a great deal of pushback. For instance, he almost refused to delete the suction side cleaner that I decided against in favor of a robot. It took 4 separate conversations and finally my insistence that he not install the booster pump and credit me for the cleaner and the unnecessary pump. I still ended up with unnecessary pipes. PBs are in the business to make money, not save you money or necessarily do the right thing for you.
Here at TFP, there is no agenda other than to help you care for your pool as cheaply and efficiently as possible, and help steer you away from gimmicks or anything that will cause you headaches.

Also, get yourself a good test kit- either the Taylor K-2000C or the TF100 (best value) are the ones you wants. They have all the tests we use here and we can have you keeping your water super sparkly with no need for magic potions or gimmicky devices.

We’d like to follow along on your build! Post up your story with LOTS of pictures!!! If you become a TFP supporter, you get a lot more storage space on this site. The small donation helps keep the board up and running.

Blessings to you!

That’s going to be a nice size!! I do wish mine were just a bit bigger...maybe next pool...ha!

We’d love to see you tile choice!
What kind of deck are you going with?
Is this pool just for you, or do you have kids that are going to become water babies?
Are you using any step markers? Lots of variety to choose from for that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.