Clear Comfort Chlorine Free Pool. Anyone??

So true ^^^^^^^^^^^ it is even worse if you call it "bleach" :shock:

With proper management your pool will look better than it ever has before. A good test kit and following the TFP guidelines as outlined in Pool School and you are set!

Kim

This video shows a little about how the system is supposed to work. Magnetism and UV Light treat the air injected into the pool? Really? I'll take my chances with Cl before H2O2. Seems the website is way more about getting your personal information than describing why I really need their widget and any details as to how it actually works. The claims, as I see it, are just too good to be true.

The 'Clear Comfort' method is not for me, I choose a chlorination, a proven disinfection method used by manicipal drinking water suppliers worldwide. It annoys me that these 'alternative sanitizer' suppliers must resort to attacking chlorination in order to promote themselves.

The 'Clear Choice' system appears to me to be an alternative sanitizer system using UV and magnetism to produce hydroxyl radicals and hydrogen peroxide. I am lead to believe from the limited info on their web site that the hydroxyl radicals are completly reacted within an external reaction chamber and hydrogen peroxide is left in the pool as a residual sanitising agent. Using an external reaction chamber will only ever treat the bulk water and I would think that hydrogen peroxide would be too short lived to be an effective residual sanitiser in a pool.

The 'Clear Choice' opening opening statement is 'A healthier, cleaner, more sustainable way to swim.' Healthier than a properly managed chlorinated pool? Really! Cleaner, it's an alternative sanitiser system not an alternative to sand, DE or cartridge filtration. And more sustainable, I'd like to see them prove that.

But to ask for personal contact details to provide more information... Why can't they be upfront and put it on their public web site? I made the mistake of providing my email address to a local provider of a silver/copper system just to get bombarded with spam containing blatant lies about chlorinated systems, they chose the wrong person to send that load of bolics to.

really couldn't understand how this system kills algae and bacteria faster than it can reproduce.
It can't.

If you feel you must contact them ask for their EPA registration number for the product to be called a swimming pool disinfectant. I'll bet they have an excuse why they don't need one. Proper water care dictates the use of a sanitizing agent, if they are not registered then run away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.