Advice on valve I need

willy17

Bronze Supporter
Oct 17, 2017
Whitby Ontario Canada
Hi all, new here, thanks in advance for any help offered.
I am in the thick of an install here, just finished top coat grout today . Soon will be on to plumbing the pad. I'm very involved in build with the guy who is in the lead. Looking to automate as much as possible. I will be sticking with single pump to control pool jets and small sheer descent waterfall. All plumbing is 2".
As of now we thought of a manual valve to have pump operate one or the other - considering upgrading to make this an auto process - thoughts? My understanding is one pipe inlet, 2 outlets, correct?
Can you help me with what valve I would need and/or recommend/deter from anything out there?
Again people, thanks. I'm a huge rookie but hope to continue learning and maybe someday using this thing!

Willy,

Welcome to TFP... a Great resource for all your new pool questions... :snorkle:

This is the type of valve you need... Jandy Never Lube 3-Port Valve 4944. Jandy 4944. Zodiac 4944.

I suspect what you are actually looking for is the actuator the makes the EasyTouch be able to turn the valve... Like this... Hayward Valve Actuator Kit AQ-SOL-KIT-1P

This is just one brand, there are many others, but they all operate on the same basically principle. The EasyTouch can then turn the valve so that water can flow through one port or the other.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

There are adjustable stops, which you can adjust to send all the water to one or the other, or get a blend of your choosing. So you could have: all to return jets on one setting; and on the other setting, e.g. 75% to sheer descent, 25% to return jets (or other %s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.