New build near College Station, TX

Tile, coping, and waterfall are done. I was adamant that I didn't want white grout but the PB forgot to relay that to the tile guys so they had to scrape it all out and redo it. I decided on a smokey blue and it looks 100% better than the white did.

Hoping the weather stays nice so the porch work can start soon
4451b987fd985e7c75b2d8adeec5b024.jpg
baae5923409846cd227f713f94d94e24.jpg
220eebf3e0ea20ff8ed21405f5e1fed3.jpg
85540b8a3970c2300c60e1a0c49d8e47.jpg

This is Amy when she walked out and saw the white grout :shock: then :brickwall: Then she gets on the phone and :whip:

Good call as I bet that white looked awful! Did you happen to take a pic of it with the white in it?

Kim:kim:
I did....What's shocking to me was the PB said they always use white even on the dark tiles like these, that that's what people want. Not sure if he was trying to get me to say just leave it or what haha
63d2cf76328057b6d2ea3cfcc44ec4c9.jpg

Probably because when the calcium builds up at the waterline on the grout it is harder to see if it is white -----------

But the darker grout does look great!

Take care.

Finally a little progress on the patio addition after the lumber yard delivered some of the wrong stuff. Still missing the front beam on the gable but that should be here sometime this week and they were still able to get a lot done yesterday and today.

Anyone have any ideas for something to hide the equipment from the porch side? I really like the look of a small cedar type fence but not sure it would work with all the plumbing and not being about to dig deep enough for posts? We were limited with where we could put all the equipment because of an aerobic septic system and the AC unit being around the corner of the house.
bafd9c2fc61d7112e3208bc265b7086d.jpg
220c3fdd50499a630eaef444ba604926.jpg
ecf6bec1ca61c2a798742426c66cd43f.jpg

Gurrrrrrrrr on the wrong stuff being sent!

Hiding the equipment. Some things to think about.....make sure there is plenty of room to move around so you can work on the equipment. Should have plenty of air flow.

I think the white plastic lattice is very pretty and it is easy to work with. There are plenty of ideas on pentrest (aka rabbit hole LOL). Give us some ideas of what you might like.........wood? Lattice? more shed like? trellis with climbing plants? I am sure someone can come up with an idea.

It's been slow going the past few weeks with rain and snow but we're almost ready to get plastered :D Clean up crew should be here tomorrow to get everything cleaned up and the pool prepped.

The pavers took about 6 days from start to finish including the ground prep. I'm really surprised pavers don't cost more than they do with all the labor involved.

The existing siding on the back of the house still needs to be painted and then the porch should be all finished.

a0061fbcd99b90b07cf9c7ce99aac141.jpg
763cdecf4b273bbb7c2b40c884b80c9e.jpg
02b5479491cd21bb767019ddfa76fb69.jpg
9fad89cdfeb67e00d163da821b376abe.jpg
e8b898b5a52c767e8cb7adea0aafdf92.jpg
59a0dd88f4e56b3ef3de128547fc870a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is on your tanning ledge? Is that some kind of inlay?

Also - what brand of fan is that? I'm going to need a couple good air movers in my cabana before summer time.
Yes, it's a mosaic that we had custom made. We had seen one like it and my husband had them replicate it. It looks ugly right now because they wanted the tile guys to be the ones who set it and not the plaster guys. It will be plastered in when the plaster is done.

The fan is a Minka aire xtreme h2o and it moves a lot of air!! It will be so nice in the TX heat
268503838369b59ac3daf88febf7a6b4.jpg

This was the pic that we showed them
12c465608f0598e82e2a1017fc4e98fe.jpg

OH HAPPY DAY!! :party:

Now here is your to do stuff:

-hoses-make sure to wrap a cloth around the metal ends-this keep the metal off the pretty new plaster and helps filter the water some.

-make sure the hoses are right at the main drain-do not let it hang over the side of the pool and pour in. This could cause streaking or such.

-do NOT stop the water when you start filling! Doing so could cause a ring on your new plaster :shock:

Know your water may have a slight green tint to is once it is full. This is very normal. The true color will start showing through as the plaster cures and the water gets balanced.

Here is a plaster start up card I like. Share it with your PB and see what he has to say about it. He is the one that holds the warranty card so...make sure he is good with it before you use it:

Start-up Cards - National Plasterers Council

Holy smokes! How did I miss this thread? My goodness that's looking good. Absolutely love that inlay on the tanning ledge. Got your own little grotto thing going on as well. Man-o-man, that's the place to be. Now I have some work to do. Gotta keep up with the neighbors if you know what I mean. Fabulous pool. :goodjob:

At some point, don't forget to update your signature with all the pool details okay! :wink: Enjoy today's liquid sunshine.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy fur babies! Woof!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.