New build near College Station, TX

Rebar was done today. Plumbing and electrical stub out should be early next week followed by gunite hopefully by the end of the week :)
0435baa277b3f4913da1296fd619ddd5.jpg
d9b23ca2aeb3cd215d8bb57ac223cf95.jpg
fd88f93b9891b399ea69ce0ed5763f45.jpg

That looks awesome! Did you or they make any changes or tweaks as they did the steel?

Kim:kim:
No, no changes. I'm sure when the hubby is home this weekend he'll say I should of changed something lol. He works out of town during the week so he won't be here for most of the build but at least I work from home and be here :)

That really opened it up back there. What are your plans for that are? Grass? walking trail?

Most likely just grass for now until we decide what we want to do with it.

Does anyone know what this is for? I've looked at the diagram from the PB but still can't figure it out
05391eda0327bb04dcd222bc178c6303.jpg

Gunite will either be Friday, Monday or Tuesday. Crossing my fingers for Friday

Do you have a high flow water feature? Most likely inlets for the pump to drive that water feature.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well look at that! :party: SWEET! Have you started bonding with your new pool yet? aka watering it. You can hand spray it or use a sprinkler. This will help the gunite cure slower.

Now it is time for your own set of links. It is a LOT of info. so take it slow. It will all start to sink in as you start to use them:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask you what test kit your PB will be giving you. Let us know which one it is so we can fill in any blanks it might have.

Yeah with the pretty gold badge by your name you will get a discount! You might want to think about getting the whale wall brush. Everyone that gets it LOVES it. They say it really helps with the brushing!

They started on the waterfall/grotto, tile and coping Friday and came back today to work on it. They'll be back tomorrow to hopefully finish up since it's supposed to rain most of the day Wednesday. The company doing the porch is supposed to start sometime this week :) They'll have to wait to do the pavers until the porch is finished and that's supposed to take a couple of weeks.
d6ea4efd01708682420267c1e7d32ff0.jpg
837c4d9fafe61f13a97796d2a047071e.jpg
114270d3deea9af51ac23012fb66561c.jpg
89fa9811580934b1be2619021cff08ad.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.