New Pool Phases (Picture Heavy)

I just want to offer some constructive criticism on the build of your pool. Let me first say that i think the design and layout on paper looks amazing. I just don't think your pool builder did a great job with the construction. Your deck looks great, but if i were your PB, i would of separated your pool coping from your deck with a minimum 1/2" expansion joint in between. The reason is that your soil, ground, or earth below, that the deck sits on may still or will have movement in the future, if not now. I don't know your soils condition, but there should "always" be an expansion joint around your entire pool for this very reason. Now that your deck is poured as one solid piece, any movement will possibly cause your waterline tiles to start popping off. Not only that, if there wasn't some type of visqueen between the bond beam and deck to allow for movement, which i didn't see in the pics your provided, the bond beam may ultimately be at risk as well. Typically, after your pool has been "gunited" or "shot" with concrete, the coping would be the next step before the tile. I know your pool is already completed, but maybe this can help others in the future. :cool:

Thanks!

We weren't happy with the way the infinity edge turned out.

Looking at the negative edge you really focus on the white plaster just under the tile so the tile/plaster crew are coming back out to add another row and a half of tile...after they remove some of the plaster...builder was very accommodating!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.