Omnilogic salt cell not working

Apr 15, 2017
Bourbon, MO
I have had a trouble filled summer and we are still running into a problem - I'm hoping someone can help!

So we installed a Omni logic automation system (had to return the first one because the display did not work). I have installed the T-Cell-15 with the Omni logic and verified the settings are correct. The salt level in the pool is ~2800-3000. The issue is the omnilogic shows 0.00V and 0.00A, with relay open warnings and voltage short alarms. We assumed it must be a bad a salt cell. Ordered another one and the same issue. Could the 2nd Omni logic board be bad? Is there any troubleshooting tips to try with the omnilogic/salt cell?

Thank you

Could you take the panel off on the omnilogic and take a pic so we can see the relay wiring? That would help diagnose the problem. Did you install the system yourself or did someone else do it? I could take a pic of mine to compare. I have the exact same automation and T-Cell.

We installed it ourselves. Out of curiosity would the relay wiring matter? The SWG hooks up into the panel in one spot, with the single plug. The flow switch sensor is hooked up to the correct spot as well. Temperature displays on the panel when running so from what I've read that means the flow switch is working. I'll snap a picture. Thinking about just resetting it and starting over because during the initial config I did not have everything hooked up to the panel.

Here is the exact reading from the OmniLogic -

Cell Temp: 79.2
instant salt: 0 ppm
average salt: 0 ppm (I reset the SWG so it shows 0 instead of the 2800 it used to show)
relay polarity: OFF
cell voltage: 0.00 V
cell current: 0.00 A

Alerts: T-CELL Voltage Sensor Short Chlorinator1
CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator1

(FYI according to my strips the pool actually has a reading of 4,100 ppm.

Here is the exact reading from the OmniLogic -

Cell Temp: 79.2
instant salt: 0 ppm
average salt: 0 ppm (I reset the SWG so it shows 0 instead of the 2800 it used to show)
relay polarity: OFF
cell voltage: 0.00 V
cell current: 0.00 A

Alerts: T-CELL Voltage Sensor Short Chlorinator1
CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator1

(FYI according to my strips the pool actually has a reading of 4,100 ppm.

Did you ever figure out the problem on your end? I am getting a "T-Cell current sensor short chlorinator 1" alarm (as well as k2 and k1 relay stuck open alarms). I am just over 3 years (installed summer of 2014) so my guess is the cell has failed. Did you get yours working? What was the issue?

Thanks

For the record, I 1st called Hayward support and they advised that since the K1 & K2 stuck open relay messages were showing that it was likely my board (location of those relays. However, I informed them that would not explain the sensor short error, why BOTH relays would stick open at the same time, and I speculated that the stuck open K1 & K2 relays might just be a manifest of the bad cell (and shorted current sensor). She told me I could try it, but didn't think that that would be the answer.

I swapped my cell from a working system and sure enough, my cell does not operate on the other system (just an Aqua Rite) and the other cell operates on my system without errors.

So, I would say if anyone gets the 3 errors (on Omnilogic):
Shorted current sensor
K1 Relay stuck open
K2 relay stuck open

That it might just be your cell is bad. My cell turned 3 years old in 4 months ago, so its right on time, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.