New pool owner - Chlorine saga

Yes, behind light. Trying to post more pictures, but getting a quota exceeded. Any advice?

Become a site supporter and you get LOTS of storage space. Other than that, you need to use a 3rd party hosting site to copy image links from and then just post the image URL in between "img" tags....but being a TFP Supporter is soooooooo much better!!!

Am I the only one that couldn't tell what I was looking at without other people's posts?

Also, OP, go to imgur.com, drag your photos onto that webpage, get the link in .jpg format, and you can post it here.

Just remember that Imgur has the same TOS restrictions as PhotoBucket - if you use them for 3rd party hosting and they become aware of your links, they reserve the right to shut down your account without notice.

Am I the only one that couldn't tell what I was looking at without other people's posts?

Also, OP, go to imgur.com, drag your photos onto that webpage, get the link in .jpg format, and you can post it here.

Thanks. I'll post better pictures tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Was it a hole in one?

YES! I'm glad someone got it! I'm a marine biologist in my spare time. ��

That looks nasty, and I have no idea what that is.

Also, if your using a computer or iPad, you can open those links, and right click (long click on iPad) and open imagine in new tab. Copy that new url into a post and put
around it to make it show up in your post

- - - Updated - - -

And on Android, click menu, then Request Desktop Page while you're looking at the picture, then long click and open image in new tab. Copy the url same as I said above.

And no, no site makes it easy to post a picture on a different site these days. Everyone wants to keep people on their own site to view pictures and ads.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks nasty, and I have no idea what that is.

Also, if your using a computer or iPad, you can open those links, and right click (long click on iPad) and open imagine in new tab. Copy that new url into a post and put
around it to make it show up in your post

- - - Updated - - -

And on Android, click menu, then Request Desktop Page while you're looking at the picture, then long click and open image in new tab. Copy the url same as I said above.

And no, no site makes it easy to post a picture on a different site these days. Everyone wants to keep people on their own site to view pictures and ads.

Thanks. I'll try to change the pics/links when I get time.

Tested again. FC 18.5, CC 2. Added two more gallons. Only have 2 more gallons though. Should have bought more.

Some. What's up?

I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to eradicate it in my pool. I'm approaching 200 gallons of 8.25% bleach and am holding FC with a slow decline, but my CC is stuck at 2. I'm also concerned with the infectious ramifications as my two sons (2 and 3) have strep, a systemic infection, and inner ear infections after swimming in the pool (prior to knowing what was wrong.) I also have an outer ear infection that is not responding to broad spectrum ear drops and oral antibiotics. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can. Thanks so much for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cVGttMxyLZiob4YF3

I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to eradicate it in my pool. I'm approaching 200 gallons of 8.25% bleach and am holding FC with a slow decline, but my CC is stuck at 2. I'm also concerned with the infectious ramifications as my two sons (2 and 3) have strep, a systemic infection, and inner ear infections after swimming in the pool (prior to knowing what was wrong.) I also have an outer ear infection that is not responding to broad spectrum ear drops and oral antibiotics. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can. Thanks so much for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cVGttMxyLZiob4YF3

Yeah, what you're showing is pretty bad. Clearly the pool was allowed to develop some pretty gross water. I would cease all swimming in the pool until you can determine the extent of the problem. With multiple infections occurring and some of them showing drug resistance, it's way too risky to swim at this point.

I would suggest contacting this company and seeing what they might recommend - Ahh-Some Water Cleanser for Your Pool, Hut Tub, Jet Bath, Swim Spa and Washing Machine -

Jerry (I believe that is his name) is the owner of that company and has some extensive knowledge behind the use of his product. He should be able to help. I will send him a PM and ask him to respond here.

Please DO NOT STOP chlorinating the water. Keep your FC at shock levels until we can get further advice. The good news is you seem to be holding FC a lot better and the CC's are a lot lower.

Yeah, what you're showing is pretty bad. Clearly the pool was allowed to develop some pretty gross water. I would cease all swimming in the pool until you can determine the extent of the problem. With multiple infections occurring and some of them showing drug resistance, it's way too risky to swim at this point.

I would suggest contacting this company and seeing what they might recommend - Ahh-Some Water Cleanser for Your Pool, Hut Tub, Jet Bath, Swim Spa and Washing Machine -

Jerry (I believe that is his name) is the owner of that company and has some extensive knowledge behind the use of his product. He should be able to help. I will send him a PM and ask him to respond here.

Please DO NOT STOP chlorinating the water. Keep your FC at shock levels until we can get further advice. The good news is you seem to be holding FC a lot better and the CC's are a lot lower.

Thanks so much. I'd really appreciate that.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I put my solar cover on the pool during the day to block UV rays? Didn't know if the high chlorine levels would damage it.

WOW. That's scary. I sincerely hope you and your boys get to feeling better soon. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.