New Pool Build Middle Georgia

sthrndream

Silver Supporter
Aug 16, 2016
Middle ,GA
Hello,

We are so excited to be on this forum with pool lovers like ourselves!!!
It looks like we are scheduled to start our pool dig in 9 weeks! Enclosed are some pictures of what we hope to achieve once it is completed.

We hope to have information on the type of "pump and filtration and concrete pad" the PB is supplying soon. It is itemized as--- just that with a price next to it of $3200. We will drill down with the builder to find out the details.

We have a tricky sloping lot with dips and elevations so we suggested to PB of creating a raised bond beam area with shear decent as a focal point. We have opted to go with flagstone coping around the perimeter. We have a walk out basement home so the deck landing will be removed prior to build and then relocated once completed.

Very excited to post and we will send more pictures and details once we start the dig! Any one have experience with shear decents? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9598.jpg
    IMG_9598.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_9597.jpg
    IMG_9597.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 846
  • 55.kb.JPG
    55.kb.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 842
Welcome to TFP! What a pretty design (I love the look of the raised seating area and fireplace!) and such a gorgeous space to work with...although you might hate all those trees next year ;)
Post all your specs and we'll all help you along your journey.

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome:D

I forgot to mention we are doing salt rock on the concrete finish with a tinted stain/possibly cool deck? Has anyone done the salt rock? Do you like it?

I was curious what you would recommend for the existing concrete to tie it all together. The stairs will be removed for the build and relocated. I tried to attach picture of existing concrete patio on the walkout basement under attachments with no luck-- file manager will not let me post anymore pictures. Are there special finishes that would tie it in? Thanks for any input.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Two ways to get more pics space-Become a supporting member (will get you a discount on testing kits and stuff from TFtestkits and inyopool.com as well as more picture space AND we get to keep the lights on! You can also use photo bucket using the IMG code to get them in your post.

I like how salt rock looks but the one thing I don't like about is the "holes" can hold dirt. As for tying it all together...........contrast! Make each area different!

I will look for the pics when you get them up.

Kim:kim:

Good looking build...welcome to TFP...now go for the membership and post lots of pics. Well worth it and the folks giving suggestions will be able to help with advice and lessons learned with is priceless!

Hello from Middle Ga!

I can happily say that we started digging Monday and they have been working for 5 days straight. The hole is dug and rebar is in as of last night. We had a lot of prep work tearing down/ and removal of a landing from our 2 story deck, some trees, and the gas tank that was small for gas fireplaces only. We are replacing propane tank with larger one for hot tub.

We wanted our tub to have some power! Old folk like us have achy bones and muscles!
So, we are doing a custom hot tub with therapeutic jet packs from Bullfrog:

Three things they are known for are:

Customization with easily interchangeable jets
hydrotherapy and relaxing massages
Contoured seating for maximum comfort

We are the first to request this upgrade in our area and our pool builder has been doing pools for over 20 years. They are a bullfrog dealer for the portable spas. One of the owners came out and worked the specs for the plumbing and said it is different set up. I will post pictures of the progress that I took over the past several weeks. We also changed out to a variable speed pump after great posts on TFP! Our yard looks like a WAR ZONE and it seems like they destroyed our whole yard of sod... I'm just saying we had it all laid two years ago and it was pricey and now it's almost all covered with dirt. Our dogs are not so happy being excluded from the space either! Good news is that I believe they will start the gunite next week!

Will upload my pictures today.

Here is my mud yard! (progress)

Attachments

• IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 701
  • P9220358 - Copy.jpg
    P9220358 - Copy.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 700
  • P9220371.jpg
    P9220371.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 699
  • P9220375.jpg
    P9220375.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 700
  • P9220373.jpg
    P9220373.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 701
  • P9220380.jpg
    P9220380.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 706
Yep that is some mud!! But it will be soon worth it when it is done!

What a pretty yard you have! How big is it?

Do you have any plans to remove any of the trees? Fall is going to make you think about it lol

Kim:kim:

Thanks KimKats!

Yes the Yard is .78 of an acre. Trees, Yes we have had 3 removed already and also had the landing that was in front of the deck demo'd!
I can't fathom anymore trees coming down! We get full sun in the are the pool is going to be located.
Not too happy about free rein of the backyard with dirt...doesn't seem like they needed that much room to destroy!

Erica:D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.