New Pool Build Middle Georgia

Yeah we had a Shep that had the same thing going on. He got to wear a boo-boo pillow also. He would sigh so big when I put it back on after giving him some time out of it. If he could roll his eyes I am sure he would have LOL.

Any time line of plaster?

Kim:kim:

Things are moving slow these days it seems! We had the deck poured phase 1. We made some changes to the design and opted to put fireplace in a different location and added extra concrete for that area. We also purchased a Compass Rose Stamp and will have them stamp the cutout circle area in Phase 2 of concrete the upper deck. The Rock salt and diamond cuts turned out well in the concrete area. The Stone masons are here today and I will upload the progress of stone work.:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PA310925.jpg
    PA310925.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 299
  • compass rose stain.jpg
    compass rose stain.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 302
  • PA310942.jpg
    PA310942.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 301
Wow! I really like that compass. I wish we'd have thought to add a firepit to our decking. Drats! LOL

Maddie :flower:
Thanks! Actually the hole is for the four foot compass rose stamp. They will come back in next week on the second pour of upper deck and fill the hole with concrete and stamp the Compass. We are planning a fireplace relocation in that area that we had them pour extra SFT deck area.

That is going to look awesome when they are done! LOVE the compass! So they will pour, "cut", then color/stain it? I hope are are there to watch and take pics!

Thanks! Yes, we bought the stamp online and it got here before the concrete day! They used the mold of compass rose and were able to form up the area exactly by laying the stamp in the circle. I was here that day and thank goodness because the Manufacturer dimensions were a little off.

They will come back next week once the Stone mason finally show up...... They will pour concrete in the circle and then stamp and finish the stairs and upper elevation.

Our hold up is the stone guys ..they don't show up because they are contractors of pool company.
They have a mind of their own :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. I came home Friday and no more stone work had been done...They stoned half the hot tub on Thursday and I guess they partied on Friday. I hope they come in and finish up on Monday! Fingers crossed because cant proceed until they are done.:roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yesterday was a great*** exciting*** busy*** day! They poured the upper deck, Stone masons completed stone mortar and started on the fireplace and the concrete guys did and amazing job prepping/stamping the Compass Rose stamp!

****Forgot to mention our labrador ran through the upper deck of fresh concrete while it was just :Dpoured.... ooopsy!

Attachments

• PB091004.jpg
    PB091004.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 262
  • PB101032.jpg
    PB101032.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 260
  • PB101033.jpg
    PB101033.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 259
  • PB101036.jpg
    PB101036.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 260
  • PB101040.jpg
    PB101040.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 257
  • PB101025.jpg
    PB101025.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 264
DUDE! That is huge!! SO much great work done!

Please tell me you left one of the paw prints in!!!! Silly doggy!

Compass Rose print! So it is a big, rubber stamp! It has handles to help them hold on to it while they position it Did they have a real compass out there to make sure it was the correct orientation? Do you get to keep the stamp pad? Will you have it colored? I love it! What a statement piece!

Lol...there were paw prints ankle deep, I talked to my husband about leaving the paw prints in and he just laughed. As far as the stamp, there is one blue handle that is over the North direction to orient you when laying down the stamp. The workers set an iPhone on the stamp using the compass point application on it so we were able to get a truly accurate GPS placement of the stamp.

We kept the stamp pad, I will be selling it to get some of my money back. Our plan is to have it colored so it will "pop"

We had a landing put in yesterday will post shortly. Lots of action this coming week!

Love the compass rose! We were going to get one on our sundeck (mosaic) but it was just too much money in the end.

Thank you! It was one of those items that we did at the last minute! I'm glad we ordered the stamp!

I love your pool build and the water fall shelf! The concreted area around your pool is very pretty also. I do mosaics so that might have been an option but we went with the stamped compass rose in concrete for more durability.

Hi and Happy Hump day!:)

We have had so much going on this week after days of no activity. PB clean up starts today inside the pool for prep and pebble tech on starting Friday.

Fence goes in Thursday, Propane tank next Monday. We relocated our landing to the pool-(still have some gates that are being redone on top) and the stone masons are halfway done with FP.

Our two months of a destroyed back yard seems to becoming together nicely now.

I think when you build your pool- do it in the fall winter time so that is so cold you don't want to spend time out side on your green grass..LOL.. Everything will look like a bomb went off in your back yard :)for a while. It is all coming together now... sigh..:cool:

Attachments

• PB121056.jpg
    PB121056.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 205
  • PB141081.jpg
    PB141081.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 204
  • PB121066.jpg
    PB121066.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 205
  • PB141087.jpg
    PB141087.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 206
Nice update for sure! LOVE the way the new landing/stairs fit right in with the old. So many pretty details! Was it hard to find someone to copy the old one?

LOL so nice of you to have a seat where they can keep an eye on things! Bet you cannot wait to have the fence back again! While walking is fun it gets old to have to do it every time they need/want to go out!

Plaster-make sure to be there when the truck drives up. Check the color and any extras you asked for. A couple of summers ago we had two pools get the wrong color! One was put on the pool and had to be redone. The other had the wrong color on the truck but the PO caught it before they got it off the truck.

That is a really nice fireplace. We are putting one into the cabana we are building and it sits in the corner with wood storage. I'm going to use yours as an example of how I want them to build it.

Thanks so much! Awesome I love your build link:) Labradors Rock!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice update for sure! LOVE the way the new landing/stairs fit right in with the old. So many pretty details! Was it hard to find someone to copy the old one?

LOL so nice of you to have a seat where they can keep an eye on things! Bet you cannot wait to have the fence back again! While walking is fun it gets old to have to do it every time they need/want to go out!

Plaster-make sure to be there when the truck drives up. Check the color and any extras you asked for. A couple of summers ago we had two pools get the wrong color! One was put on the pool and had to be redone. The other had the wrong color on the truck but the PO caught it before they got it off the truck.

Thanks Kim Kats! We lucked up on the deck- The builders trim guy built the first part and was able to come back on the side and do the landing redo. Good advise on the Pebble tech too!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.