Black Algae, Wire Brush, New Plaster

The pool and generator are only four months old. I'm still hoping the PB will take this IC20 back and let me pay the difference to upgrade to an IC60. My research shows people in the know would only consider an IC20 for a hot tub. Never mind a 15,000 gallon pool. Never mind a public use pool.

This morning's readings are as follows.

FC 3
CC 0.0
pH 7.6

I added another gallon of 12.5% bleach and 28oz of muriatic. I'll check it again after lunch.

How am I using almost of a gallon of bleach without creating any CC? Seems like that would indicate the sun is stealing it.

FC 3
CC 0.0
pH 7.6

I added another gallon of 12.5% bleach and 28oz of muriatic. I'll check it again after lunch.

How am I using almost of a gallon of bleach without creating any CC? Seems like that would indicate the sun is stealing it.

That FC is way, way too low and will cause you problems if you can't keep it up. You really need to be dosing more often and dosing higher. You are asking for trouble by keeping your FC too low.

The fastest way to get rid of CCs is from the sun, so it would be unusual for you to see CCs given all of the sunshine we have had.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You might want to test 15 to 20 minutes after your addition to make sure that your FC has hit your target.

The target isn't set in stone, so if you find that your FC gets too low, as your FC has been low lately, you might need to target a higher FC so that your FC never gets to the minimum. Your pool is a commercial pool and will have a higher FC demand than residential pools. Your target should be set to a level that by the time you test and add more bleach, that your FC never gets to the minimum. It is safe to swim at and below SLAM level, so don't worry about having a higher target.

This afternoon the readings are as follows.

FC 7
pH 7.4

I added another gallon of 12.5% bleach this afternoon plus another gallon before bed and turned off the SWG. Is there any point in running it down if I'm going to trade it in or upgrade? I'd also like to see how much more bleach is required without it. It may create a new love for what it does do.

I suspect yesterday's FC 4 reading was low because I turned the SWG off. So I turned it back on and added two gallons of 12.5% bleach.

FC 8
CC 0
pH 7.6
CYA 90

I added two more gallons of 12.5% bleach and 26oz of muriatic.

Your equipment really has little to do with clear water. 99% of clear water is from properly balanced water like you have now. The circulation does help in that it mixes the water up good and skims the stuff off the top.

Is your pump a 2 speed pump? If so you can leave it on low most of the time. The only time I use high is when I am running my vacuum. That will save on the power bill.

Kim:kim:

You know what happens when there. Since this is a vacation pool for several units I would think about keeping up the 24/7 to keep ahead of the bather loads. Better safe than sorry on this one for now. IF you want to play around with the pump run time you can start by cutting back 2 hours at a time during the night when there is less chance of swimmers. Keep cutting back every three days BUT keep a close eye on the water and FC levels. If you start to see a lose of sparkle to the water or FC is not keeping up then add back an hour of pump run until you find the sweet spot for your run time.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.