Black Algae, Wire Brush, New Plaster

WOW! Big congrats on the BA win! Stay in target (or above) and it should stay gone. You are awesome!

FC Demand Update Calc: Time elapsed:19.5 FC-change:5 SWG-output:13 Thus demand: 8 FC or roughly FC 10 per day, well under your SWG's FC 16 per day. You should be able to cruise control until you're ready to SLAM. No need to continue to post unless you wish to continue doing so. If your SWG is unable to keep up for several days in a row without having strange weather or pool parties, then that might be a signal you need to SLAM sooner rather than later, or at the very least boost up to shock FC after dark one night+ until demand is acceptable (half-butt SLAM).

Reminder to anyone reading this thread, this is a commercial pool located near the ocean in a very hot and sunny location, not a TFP residential pool, and advice here is not applicable to residential pools or even other commercial pools.

Wow I am exhausted just reading the thread. Excellent perseverance Ed & TFP team! While this situation is unique being a public 24x7 pool, this should certainly help folks to understand how critical it is to keep FC above minimum at all times. Also indicated why the SWG sizing is critical. Great job all!

Hurricane Harvey has had his way with my pool so all bets are off for now. I do wish I'd dumped a few gallons of bleach in it before I was mandatorily evacuated. But alas, I don't even know yet if I have a house to return to. Doesn't look good right now. Thanks everyone for all the input! I'll be in touch

Hurricane Harvey has had his way with my pool so all bets are off for now. I do wish I'd dumped a few gallons of bleach in it before I was mandatorily evacuated. But alas, I don't even know yet if I have a house to return to. Doesn't look good right now. Thanks everyone for all the input! I'll be in touch

I hope all is well edjanowsky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

Pool is black, fence is gone and my home was under 21 inches of water. Pretty much everything I have left is in two vehicles. The only way it could be better is if everything had been completely blown away. The mess and mosquitoes are unimaginable. It'll be quite awhile before my next reading.

Pool is black, fence is gone and my home was under 21 inches of water. Pretty much everything I have left is in two vehicles. The only way it could be better is if everything had been completely blown away. The mess and mosquitoes are unimaginable. It'll be quite awhile before my next reading.

Oh no....[emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for the update. I'm grateful your evacuation was successful and I'm sorry you returned to find it like that and hope you're able to do what you need to do in as safe & quick a manner as possible given the dangers you'll face. We know you're a smart and hard worker and believe in your abilities to overcome whatever you'll face!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.