I use pool store testing

Hey Kim! Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the algaecide does contain copper (7.1 % chelated copper), so I guess I should not use it. I could use the pucks since I tend to prefer vacuuming to waste after a heavy rain and then perhaps CYA will not increase so much. I thought perhaps when planning trips, I could over-shock rather than use pucks, I would not feel comfortable leaving the pool running without me around for more than 2-3 days (leaves, debris and storms), but I suppose that pucks floating around with no filtration would still chlorinate.

The pH does rise quickly with just regular filtering and return, so I may have a little further to go on lowering TA.

You have it spot on with the above. Good job! Bye-bye algaecide into the trash you go :( Live and learn.........it could be worse----you could have already have put it i the pool!

Good thinking with the pucks! That is what I do!

Kim:kim:

Currently looking for alternative uses for algaecide. Searched google for "alternative uses for pool algaecide" and all of the hits were essentially pool care, how to use it, and why it is necessary, ugh! Well I guess I pass it off to a punk as hair colourant.

Huh. I know iron is beneficial to gardenias and will make hydrangeas blue instead of pink. Maybe we should run an experiment with copper!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.