14 years of pool stores and failure...

I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. My speed stir is out for delivery!!! Full test day isn't until Saturd.....oh look at that, it got moved to Thursday!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Santa Dave's package showed up in my mailbox! Normally don't do my full tests midday or on Thursday for that matter, but this was a special occasion.

Still working on dropping TA down to 80. Its starting to change at 8 drops but not fully until 9, almost there. Then back to monitoring PH for a while. I figure I'll post my first set of speed stir numbers just for kicks.

Also going to monitor how much FC I'm adding daily, I may bump the CYA up about 10ppm or so just to combat the Phoenix sun.

SpeedStir First Test Results
FC 7.5
CC .5 (usually 0, not worried but I'll give everything an extra brushing tonight)
PH 7.4 (just lowered down to 7.2 recently for the TA reduction)
TA 90
CH 500
CYA 40

CSI is still sitting at -.75. Not sure how far I'm going to get away from that with our water out here. Tested it out of the tap again with the speed stir, same results...325.

Everything's gravy!

Jeez, has it really been a month? Things have been nuts. Work has been insane, start of summer crazy as usual, and the sun is trying to boil us alive.

Let's be honest, I haven't had time to do basic life functions much less time to dedicate to the pool. So of course you know what happened right? I swear I did everything by the book! Daily test (ok I missed like 2), daily FC add, PH adjustment as needed, recruited kids to brush every now and then. Everything has been going so well...

And it still is. Pretty, clear, and blue TFP! Any other year, this thing would have been green after the month I've had. I would be writing it off for the summer, dumping hundreds of dollars into chemicals, and committing to do better next year. Not so fast, you're a TFP now bucko! Kids and friends in it just about every day. I've only been in a few times, just....no time. I'm content being able to look out my window and see how its doing.

I'll be back active around here more in the very near future once a couple things slow down a bit for me, but just wanted to check in and say hey.

Nothing better on a 120 degree day than an ice cold glass of TFP Kool Aid. And I'm drinking it alllll dayyy loooong! OH YEAH!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.