New Oasis on Long Island

Thanks Riley. In 6 months I won't even remember the drama

Some updated pics
510362bc16ffa66e60cd88806395ea8e.jpg
41fbbfc034ee45552ec347ec4e5f0717.jpg
e01af76046dbaf59c3b0e8676a83ee6f.jpg

What they got done looks nice. BUT how do you run out of THAT much block? I can see running out at towards the end but...........oh well they will be back and have more!

How will the area by the lower doors drain?

Kim:kim:

This contractor has made so many mistakes. The wall was supposed to be 28' + the piers, it's 32' + the piers. The acrylic of the spa was supposed to sit above the steps, it's sunken in. The step by the lower sliders was extended 8" further out. I caught them early yesterday b4 the concrete was poured and had them move it.

I'm watching them like a hawk now.

That area will drain to the left to our French drain system
What they got done looks nice. BUT how do you run out of THAT much block? I can see running out at towards the end but...........oh well they will be back and have more!

How will the area by the lower doors drain?

30fd3043068de2bc13746f6bfdccfaba.jpg

So hard to find people who take pride in their work for some things :( At least you know what to look for and can stop them in time for some of it. Did you have the change/fix the wall? What about the spa?

Knew you had something planned out for that area. I am also guessing the decking is sloped to keep the water going AWAY from that area as well with the new pour!

So hard to find people who take pride in their work for some things :( At least you know what to look for and can stop them in time for some of it. Did you have the change/fix the wall? What about the spa?

Knew you had something planned out for that area. I am also guessing the decking is sloped to keep the water going AWAY from that area as well with the new pour!

I catch some of the screw ups, but not all [emoji53]

The wall... We paid for the stone, but not the labor and we like it. It's actually 4' longer and 4" higher.

The owner and I have not been on the best of terms since the 6 week delay. Today we talked on the phone for the first time in weeks. I am not trying to be a huge PITA. he was not happy, I could tell. But he will do whatever is needed. We agreed to see how it is after the steps are finished. If I can live with it, I will. I know it will be a nightmare to raise it, but he said it can be done.

And yes [emoji2] all the decking is sloped away from the house and pool.

The owner told me just tell the guy on the job what I need and he'll take care of it. There work is good, I have no complaints about that. I few quirks, but we will work through them.

And some updated patio pics from today!

We are very ?[emoji846][emoji3][emoji16]
20f035f466d322528cce26820f60dd94.jpg
20d2e5d68be608cbc49ac71266e531c7.jpg
6f1eff06a0439ff873452ee459e6567f.jpg
194e0636ec3fc22e99ae4cb62e3305ed.jpg
78ace1f1fde8c10d5bf3e41a639fc092.jpg

OH MY! That decking is SO pretty!!!! LOVE the color and design!!! OH YEAH!

Glad they are working through the problems...............sad there are problems to be worked through.

Your PB is not happy as HE has cost HIS SELF so much money by not making sure the work was done in the first place!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great. I like that pavers and coping too....i didn't see any supports for the wall on the pool coping? Idk if ur contractor put piers in but the wall will not support that load on its own i am doing the same thing w my steel wall amd i have an engineer and he laughed when i told him I wasn't gonna put support under and showed me a pic of a collapsed vinyl pool section w a retaining wall on the edge. Just giving u what I know maybe u have a stronger type of wall system than i do

Looks great. I like that pavers and coping too....i didn't see any supports for the wall on the pool coping? Idk if ur contractor put piers in but the wall will not support that load on its own i am doing the same thing w my steel wall amd i have an engineer and he laughed when i told him I wasn't gonna put support under and showed me a pic of a collapsed vinyl pool section w a retaining wall on the edge. Just giving u what I know maybe u have a stronger type of wall system than i do
The pool walls are polymer and have polymer braces filled with concrete. They poured a concrete footing on the bottom of the pool and the top of the pool (with rebar). The wall has a 1 foot wide 4" concrete sub base, under it. The company warranties the pool shell and pavers (from unsettling) for life. I hope I never have to call them for it [emoji849]

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Nothing has gone smoothly or easy from the very start of this project so long ago last year. Honestly I never thought I would have such a beautiful pool in my life. I feel so lucky everyday and have to pinch myself to believe it is real. Thanks to Jay my husband for all his hard work and finding this marble stone for decking. I cant wait to see everything completed so excited. It will be worth the long wait and all the mess in the end. Looking forward to sharing with friends and their kiddies as we do not have any of our own. That is one reason I wanted a pool for our friends kids to use when they visit. I see many drinks and good times being had by the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.