Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm looking to buy a pressure washer for our patio/pool deck. It's mostly just cement with part of it like this:

5d144d1f30c135e43068ce1894858f4b.jpg

So I'm wondering if an electric 1600 would work well enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, but I thought I'd chime in because I finally found a pressure washer that handles ALL my uses...ymmv.

The Generac One Wash has four settings...so you can safely clean wood, wash your car, but at high setting and with a rotary brush, deep clean concrete, even oil stains etc. I love the thing!

I've had a variety of powerwashers over the years, including one the size you're asking about. That one was the worse for any distance cleaning, and IME, not even very affective cleaning sidewalks after winter. I got rid of it after the first year.

Knowing what I know now, in your shoes I'd bite the bullet for a good one, but one that can dial down for non-harmful use on wood (eg fences, baton, etc.). But if mild general washing is all you expect to need one for, the 1600 may suffice.

Electrics just don't generate enough PSI. I borrowed one to clean my wood deck. BOUGHT a gas one next weekend to do it right! My driveway is calling me now before summer heats up.

Honestly, I had analysis paralysis and never bought one. Then, we decided to sell our 33 foot trailer and I had to buy a powerwasher lasts minute. I go the Ryobi 1600 or 1700 from Home Depot. it was the only one they had in stock, so I grabbed. I cleaned the trailer, cleaned all of moss off the wood deck (even took some of the deck off). I came home, power washed the algae/moss off of our siding, cleaned of our Treks deck. And I have to ask, what the heck would I need 3,000 PSI for? And why the heck would I EVER want another gas powered anything. I plug this in and it works. Will it last 10 years, don't know. 7 years, not sure. But I have less than $200 into it and I took my chances.

Maybe the key to using lower pressure is washing items more often. I don't know. YMMV.

I agree with the last post. I purchased this: Shop Greenworks 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com and have been nothing but impressed with it. Only $99! My first one lasted 5 years before I KILLED IT by forgetting to get all the water out of the pump before freezing temps hit. Imagine how bummed out I would have been if it was a $500 gas job. I know it would still be working today if I wasn't a knucklehead. When it died I wen't right out and bought another and I'm on the second year with that one trouble free. Safe to say you can't go wrong getting an easy 10 years out of these for average home use and I say that because I use mine a ton more than average!

1,600psi does everything I need it to do and I don't have another engine to maintain (I have 14 engines to change oil, plugs, filters already so I'm all set with adding to that list) Cleans the Trex decking, siding, pavers, retaining wall block you name it. Plus it's lightweight and easy to move, plug it in and go. Start and stop is so much better than gas, just squeeze the trigger.

I think location has something to do with how much pressure is needed to achieve desired results. I brought a electric pressure washer with me when I moved from Canada to SC and it couldn't handle the amount of work needed to keep up here. Bought a Simpson 4,000 psi unit and the floor attachment cleaner and there ain't nothing I can't clean off.

Salty

I have an electric SunJoe from amazon. I know some think it wouldn't cut it like a gas one, but I've been
very impressed with it. Everything I power wash gets properly cleaned the way I expect it would, with no problem.

I've spent entire weekends cleaning concrete decking, paths and last year washed the cedar fence.
came out from nasty gray wood to brand new looking, then I stained it 2 weeks later.

I had an electric one, and it worked well. I bought a Genrac One 4-i power dial (3100 psi / 2.8 gpm) last year when we got the pool to clean my existing cement patio. While we used the electric in the past, it would take 6-8 hours to clean the deck with it. Note it gets some green mold buildup in spots since it is under our large wooden deck. With the new power washer and separate rotary cleaner, it takes about1 hour to clean it and its much. The electric works, and is great for smaller jobs, but a gas powered unit can do much more. I can wash the windows outside, even on the 2nd story with new unit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Honestly, I had analysis paralysis

I like that description, and i suffer from that frequently.

What the heck would I need 3,000 PSI for?

To scourer off the grout from your deck!

When looking at those awesome gas powered power washers, you need to take things like that into consideration. Go ahead and get the most powerful one out there, if you really need to, but it would certainly be worth it to get one that you can adjust the output pressure on for delicate things like... grout, dogs, small children (so you don't blow them down the street), paint (car OR house), wood decks, hands, feet, SHOES, the list goes on...

If I'm not mistaken, Simpson makes a lot of the power washers for Dewalt and other companies. I have a Simpson 3200 psi. I tend to stick with Honda engines and, if I can afford it, I like the commercial grade engines over the residential. The GX are the commercial grade and the GC are the residential - from what I've been able to find in my research.

Simpson PowerShot 3,200 PSI 2.8 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by Honda-PS3228 - The Home Depot

I don't think there's anything the 3200 psi can't get off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.