New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

Re: New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

Picture of the Equipment.
4yaLY5Dus4wUzmpyFwlwbDjFUtzvgJ7jQGBX6UZLlRC8c_O5mRWLZ9dkT0VuNGz3gjz3_UkSQSLyF5lcvugtler_RvWvPt2ZQkRdgF3moASCT6AG3dLzAMTr7zUmsKd_nIs2IvOshQ7LjaIIMWTW5z6CwZ5lJqMjcviWGNKYNcrOeT5egeYSKIkg1vohz0zmA4xmTGc0QU_flI4NNgrn2KkJcW85f6ZbcDPSjplVIi0e2AzY5A-IGLjKUBfV4tuxdO_pizWwutQ6F-MXWcsXguBZ-pFtdEa4-9dvsny8ERY9gGim8x7P0PEAhUPLSL9u_Ls3u6pYOjpuGH8Uy2kRYIwVnY5hJfdHccC2kq-4UvUtt9ZxP9cqgnpZoO7loilBouLtb5vb8QzRvRHJYIPk2IBYnxFCJnRbYqmmu3UEqmZyjtsn3djMsfNoksV2RY7xp67l4Udl6mgKNoImSnQcibzj1x-kNf3EeTn_9AlCv9PNPDHe6Yht6NPqxKSVjNCs06-hzZxHWbBR-cvuwVQcsrwrLICgjtYonkzD596zGyVTDulXD0V-x8LyT1ej4XIV3VLBeDGweX3HnEgXReQCvXAdWCbx0jiSMjpGcvZ8lCwhVSfviLf7Ecj9KRKsWQ3frHOQopfoAXk7YZTYwurvOk7UxuK7KYY=w852-h1134-no

Equipment pad looks real nice.... you can add some river rock to the small box area where the pipes come out and it will look real nice. So nice they labeled everything.

Maddie :flower:

Ok, hold up just a second. It appears to me looking at the equipment pad, that if the bubblers are turned off (right side of return piping) and I want to turn the slide off (middle of return piping) I will be completely blocking the returns (left of return piping) for a few moments while the valve is properly moved. I believe this valve will be controlled via an actuator via the iAqualink. Will the iAqualink automatically turn of the pump before moving the valves?

Last edited:

Ok, hold up just a second. It appears to me looking at the equipment pad, that if the bubblers are turned off (right side of return piping) and I want to turn the slide off (middle of return piping) I will be completely blocking the returns (left of return piping) for a few moments while the valve is properly moved. I believe this valve will be controlled via an actuator via the iAqualink. Will the iAqualink automatically turn of the pump before moving the valves?

Way beyond my pay grade. That is something you should ask your PB or who ever put the system in. If they cannot answer then let me know and I will see how might might know.

Way beyond my pay grade. That is something you should ask your PB or who ever put the system in. If they cannot answer then let me know and I will see how might might know.

Kim, I asked PB and he gave a noncommittal answer. He said the valves for the slide and bubblers will be controlled electronically via the automation and that the actuator could run while the pump was running. Said the service tech who starts the pool would know, but I really don't want to wait until the pool is started to try to fix a potential issue. Also would prefer not to worry about it if it's not really an issue.

Ben,

I don't have a Jandy system, but they all operate about the same way... You can program the system so that the pump will turn off before the valve moves, or not turn off, depending on what you want.

Dead heading a pump is not a great idea, but I can't see the world ending for the few seconds that the valve would be in the middle position.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Electricians were out today. Plaster/Aquabright will either be end of this week or start of next week tentatively. Plaster/Aquabright is apparently a 3 day process, Day 1 is cleanup and prep of the gunite, Day 2 is plaster and Day 3 is Aquabright. Getting close!!

Slide and diving board installed. Yes Kim, already have the kit!!

Awesome! Can’t wait to see ours installed. Question about the colour. Is that sandstone? I’ve seen a few lately with this colour but the older pics of the sandstone was more err sandstone-y this looks more brown to me. We were hoping to blend with our huge boulders around the pool but looks like that won’t be the case if this is sandstone [emoji53]

Awesome! Can’t wait to see ours installed. Question about the colour. Is that sandstone? I’ve seen a few lately with this colour but the older pics of the sandstone was more err sandstone-y this looks more brown to me. We were hoping to blend with our huge boulders around the pool but looks like that won’t be the case if this is sandstone [emoji53]

Yes it’s sandstone but those pictures make it look a little dark, they were taken when it is mostly in the shadows. Next time I’m at the build site I’ll take some better pictures in the sun.

Yes it’s sandstone but those pictures make it look a little dark, they were taken when it is mostly in the shadows. Next time I’m at the build site I’ll take some better pictures in the sun.

I thought as much. If you could get a pic in the sun that would be great thanks. They have definitely changed the colour of sandstone though. It looks way more browny to me in other sandstone slides I’ve seen that it use to be.

I thought as much. If you could get a pic in the sun that would be great thanks. They have definitely changed the colour of sandstone though. It looks way more browny to me in other sandstone slides I’ve seen that it use to be.

I updated the link with new pictures. It’s definitely on the darker side, the diving board is considered “tan” for comparison.

Got a text yesterday evening that they will be out prepping for plaster today, plaster tomorrow. Aquabright prep Thursday and then Aquabright on Friday. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get off Friday to watch the flamethrower though so good news/bad news. :D:(:D

I updated the link with new pictures. It’s definitely on the darker side, the diving board is considered “tan” for comparison.

Thanks so much for that. It looks nicer when I zoom in on it than it does from a distance but that is nothing like sandstone imo - it’s brown. Oh well. Not much I can do since it’s ordered and will still blend better then the grey. At least I won’t be shocked when I see it now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.