New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

Re: New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few threads for flagstone and SWG.

Another-salt-vs-flagstone-thread
Pictures-of-Salt-Water-flagstone-or-coping-damage

Whenever a natural product is used, there will be trade-offs. Unfortunately sealing doesn't remove all those trade-offs and often leads to more trade-offs. Aren't decisions fun!
These threads are perfect, thank you so much!!! Flagstone is more or less a must to match the stonework for the outdoor kitchen/patio area (stonework not shown in the design pictures.) Seems like there is little empirical evidence that SWG's harm flagstone anymore than regular pool water and lots of evidence that flagstone is a soft stone prone to flaking. I feel even better about the decision to go saltwater now. Will still seal the stonework since I think it's required for the PB to warranty.

Ok so I talked to the builder again yesterday and am waiting on his updated quote still. Unless it's ridiculously expensive, I am switching to the Jandy JXI 400 which is a 400K BTU heater. By my calculations it would have take the 260 BTU unit almost an hour to warm 30k gallons of water 1 degree assuming 100% efficiency (always a very bad assumption). Ground breaking for the new house is scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully we can get the pool finished first part of August and still have a few months of swimming in it.

Also, can anyone tell me what the startup should be with the AquaBright? With traditional plaster it takes around a month before you can add the salt etc... Will this be true with the AquaBright or can you start everything right away?

Heres a picture with the extra step added. All told, to switch to salt and add the JXI 400k BTU heater was ~$3000 which seems reasonable. GC started clearing the land last Thursday for the house, so we will probably be signing the contract around the middle of May. Thanks to all for the great ideas!!
Milligan_007 with extra step.jpg

Just an update.

Contract is being signed Thursday (May 11). Foundation is being poured for the house and will be completed Friday. Construction on the pool is suppose to begin beginning of June with completion around August 1st. Will keep you guys updated as we go along.

Good news!! Contract was signed yesterday and we were able to save a decent chunk of $$ by moving the equipment from the west side of the house (pool is north of the house) to the east side which reduced plumbing runs. With the savings we added that extra light you all recommended and switched to the iaqualink system and were still $100 under what we thought!! Thanks for all the help here from everyone, now we are just waiting for a well to be drilled so that we can start excavation. This pool builder also offers a lifetime warranty on the aquabright and mom and the wife were able to wade in their show pool on it and they LOVE that feel of it. Again thanks for all the recommendations, you guys had better be right since I incorporated almost all of them lol ;)

OK, so it's been awhile and I bet you guys thought I wasn't going to post anything on this build. There were some complications with the house build (construction loan type issues where the bank never finalized the loan and made money available and then stopped returning call/emails) and it just really got going in earnest about 6 weeks ago. However, pool guy was out and cleared the site as ready for dig and we are scheduled for dig April 5, 2018 to start digging. Should be completed just in time to start swimming here in TX!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well it was very interesting, the land got cleared and the construction company (my brother is a partial owner) started by pouring the foundation, getting the power to the site and drilling the well. At that point they started needing money and couldn't get it. Lots of back and forth while the foundation sits. Then a new loan had to be applied for at a different bank. Then they started right after the hurricanes hit Texas which left a large shortage of materials and workers for construction. We've been so delayed on the pool that we're having to sign an ECO for a price change of ~1800 because the cost of everything has gone up. Fortunately the new home/construction loan is for more than the original so the pool is being paid for by that loan and the house is getting a few extra features. Also, the construction company consulted with the PB and we're pouring a concrete pad for the equipment instead of using a prefab pad. Anyway, all is going well now and soon I hope to be posting pictures of a large hole in the ground.

Let the MUD/dirt begin!! OH happy day!

You need to update your siggy!

When it is all dug make sure to measure it. Add about 8" for the gunite and plaster. Is it wide, deep, long, etc enough? NOW is the time to fix that!

Kim:kim:

Sig updated. Will check measurements tomorrow. It was 33 and raining when dig was done so didn’t want to mess with checking it today. They had to slightly alter the dig because the plans didn’t take into account 18” for the outside fireplace. Because it was the pool designers fault we are getting a smidge more decking for free.

Plumbing was installed tuesday, steel went in yesterday. Updated the album in the link above to include pictures with the steel and to include the house as well. I have inquired as to the cost of going with a polaris 9550 or 9650iQ robot instead of the pressure side cleaner as well since you guys have finally convinced me to consider one (well you guys plus a search of the internet for pool robot accidents that yields a single result from Israel in 2014).

Now you have a "job"..........take your plans out to the pool with a tape measure. Is it wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 6" for the gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to fix or tweak as needed/wanted.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.