New SWG, new water

Hello again forum! You guys saved me from purchasing a perma salt system from my local pool store when I purchased my new above ground liner. Actually I should say I purchased first and researched second! BAD IDEA.

Anyway I got a refund on that nasty thing and have a Hayward Aqua trol coming. I am getting a new liner installed and will have fresh water in the pool when the Hayward goes in.

According to the manual it states to balance the chemistry BEFORE activating the system. I know I have to add 450 pounds of salt and stabilizer to get to 80 CYA. What the manual is not clear on is if I have to get chlorine up to level before turning on the unit also? Or is adding the recommended salt and powering the unit on enough? I just want to make sure it's not going to go green on me before the SWG has a chance to kick in. Any advice?

SWGs are really good at maintaining FC level, but fairly poor at creating FC levels. Add bleach to get to near your proper level and let the SWG do what it does best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.