Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A few wrinkles in a relatively new liner

1. Back To Top    #1

A few wrinkles in a relatively new liner

16x32 Sport Pool. New liner 24 months ago. Discovered an issue that threw tons of rainwater under the pool resulting a 8-10 wrinkles at the end of last pool season. I corrected the drainage and even lowered to water to a level that would have guaranteed either a floating liner or 1000 wrinkles during the offseason.

Took the cover off and despite the low water levels, the liner was just as it was at the end of the season. Big relief for sure. My question- I have a few long wrinkles at the shallow parts of the pool and 4-5 on the slope toward the drain. The water level is below the returns. If I pump the water down to a certain level (advice here), use a shop vac to blow air under the liner, how hard will it be to remove the wrinkles. I am very handy at learning new things- and that's what this would be. I have zero knowledge in how to do this other than what I read online. Is this a job for a professional?

I am always looking to do things myself in order to save money, but I want to be aware of causing more damage than what I am saving. I open/close pool- do the TFP method daily, etc. I just want those wrinkles gone

Thanks for the help,
    Darren
    16 x 32 Sport Pool; Hayward Series Sand Filter S244T
    15,000 Gallons, In Ground with New Vinyl Liner
    Pool approx. Five Years Old. Live in KY

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A few wrinkles in a relatively new liner

I am sorry to say I have no idea and from the lack of answers it seems as if this is not a road well traveled.

I would call around some of your pool installers and see what they say. How would they fix it?

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: A few wrinkles in a relatively new liner

I appreciate the reply. Was starting to wonder. A respectable pool installer said they wouldn't come out. They aren't too bad so I am going to live with it this year. The cause was fixed at least.
    16 x 32 Sport Pool; Hayward Series Sand Filter S244T
    15,000 Gallons, In Ground with New Vinyl Liner
    Pool approx. Five Years Old. Live in KY