Old School Pool

Just to be clear....is this what I put in pool to lower pH?

- - - Updated - - -

Stuff left in pool house. Is any of this usable? Not really wanting to mess with a bunch of hoses.

Will try wall whale brushes though.

Four returns all underneath diving board? Don't see any others. I see lots of flow in the water.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 360
Pump-did a search for the model and it keeps coming up with a replacement motor. I THINK it is single speed. Feel under the end opposite the basket. IF it is a 2 speed there will be a rocker switch. Off is in the middle, low on one side and high on the other. I don't THINK it is a VS pump. If it is single speed there should be a rocker switch that goes on and off.

-water on filter top-not normal. The "spider" gasket might be bad. We can work on that easy later.

-the duct tape worries me. Why??? What is under it? We will work on that as well.

-Cut pipe-did it have a heater? That metal line looks like a gas line hummmmmmmmmmm some more exploring to do with that one.

-tube-that thing is LONG! I would let whatever is in there dissolve. BUT does that black line go from it to the cut pipe? Some more thinking and poking around to do with that one.

-Round concrete-no real idea but I would use good gloves and clean it out and see what is at the bottom. Be careful as you have no idea what is living in there LOL

Do you know where the electric panel is for the equipment is?

I am glad the pump is running to help keep the water moving while we learn what is what with all of this.

Kim:kim:

YES that is THE stuff to lower PH. Look on the label for the % and make sure to input that info into Pool Math. Use care the fumes are yucky! Wear sun glasses or something over your eye please.

I see a leaf catcher in there! NICE! I also see a vacuum head. The hoses are for the vacuum head. Surely they had something other than a manual vacuum but who knows. The whale brush is a nice find!

I also see a floating line. There might be some rope hooks somewhere in the pool.

The 4 returns all right there-------well that is one way to do it. Where is the skimmer? It looks like the returns are all turned different ways. That is to help the water move all over the pool is my guess.

Is there a main drain (drain in the bottom of the pool)?

Water dripping out of pipe on filter. Is this normal?

- - - Updated - - -

Water seems to be leaking here too

- - - Updated - - -

No clue?

- - - Updated - - -

No clue about the dial thing. I guess it is a timer for pump?

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2517.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 343

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So how many gallons is the beast?

Let us know what your CYA is when you have some sun to use for the test.

The cc of 1.5 means there is something thinking about starting. Once you are able to run and share a full set of tests we will go from there.

You're going to be close, maybe high unless your deep end is bigger than I imagine. Either way, its very large. Not easy to find outside some places, but I would look for bulk bleach, even five gallons as soon as things settle. It's going to take a fair amount pretty soon, and you'd be very wise to never, ever let this go Green on you.

That would take an inconvenient amount of Chlorine to bring it back around. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.