Pool Thermometers

Kim,

Thanks for the shopping list! Great tips! I will be picking everything up at Walmart after work on Wednesday, so let me know if you think of anything else.

Crystal :)

- - - Updated - - -

OH...the closing is at 5pm on Thursday...so I will be in the house probably around 6:30. I will be taking lots of pics and making sure the pump is running and testing that water. I might want to test my tap water as well from what I understand. I will be seeking lots of advice!

Yes do test the tap water at the bib the hose will be using to fill the water IF you have a water filter. I have my fill water written down and tape inside the test box.

Think about re-keying the whole house. You have NO idea who else has keys to the house.

Kim:kim:

Crystal,

I am going to add to your pool shopping list:

-2 plastic measuring cups-one is for muriatic acid ONLY and the other one is for all other stuff. Get the 2 cup ones.

-white plastic plate to hold up behind some of the tests to help with color matching. Some people use paper plates.

-a condiment bottle to collect your water sample in. The top is great for squirting the water into the test tubes.

-a toothbrush for your pool LOL to help clean around thinks like the skimmer face and returns

-a small note book to log your test results in. There is an online one but I like paper and pen. It is up to you. I make note of big weather events as well.

What time is your closing on Thursday?

Good stuff Kim
Crystal I made up a pdf file and I print it up and attach to a clip board. Simple but it works for me.
View attachment Test work page for pool chemistry.pdf

Attachments

• Test work page for pool chemistry.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 33
We will rekey...there is no water filter but I will still use water from the outside spigot and record in my pool notebook. You are so delightfully full of ideas!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Brent, thank you so much! I will print this out. I assume it is listed in the preferred order. I was gonna have to look that up! Now I can just proceed. I think I will get a three ring binder to keep these in. I like the full page for writing extra notes about weather etc. ?

Brent that is NICE! I really like how it has the ranges by each one.

Crystal one thing I will point out that MIGHT be different is the CYA. If you do not have a SWG your CYA will be a little lower.

We will go through you equipment a piece at a time when the time comes. It will be interesting to see how it is and what we will need to do with it.

Brent & Kim,

I redid the pool log in excel because I could not get it to let me edit the PDF and I needed to change a couple things...such as the SWG and CYA range. I changed the SWG area to weather and I added a column for notes such as what I added to the water. I've printed a few off for my pool notebook. I also printed off copies of various pool school guides/articles.

Tracking says my TF-100 will be here on Thursday...perfect timing!!!

Crystal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My Omnilogic system seems to overstate the pool temperature by about 6 degrees. I thought the water was 78 and was ready to jump in but I put my foot in and it was way too cold for me. I have been comparing the temperature from the Omnilogic and a manual thermometer for about a month now and there is a constant differential. Is there a way to tweak the Omnilogic system? Thanks.

If you're brave enough to drill a hole in your pump lid:

IMG_1716.jpg

Ok, tell us all the details......I want in.

I bought the thermometer on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JE5GI3U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I simply drilled the correct diameter hole in the lid. In the back of the round dial there are threads to accept a nut. I had to go to Lowe's to find a brass nut that would fit. The nut tightened against the plastic lid with no issues. I used a silicone based sealant over the nut. I did this 12 months ago and all is well. If you do this just keep in mind that you will only get an accurate temperature reading if the pump is running. The water in the pump basket will warm quickly if in full sunlight or will cool faster than the pool if in cooler weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.