Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filtrite 4 in 1 pool test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Filtrite 4 in 1 pool test kit

Hi there

Here in Oz, do people rate the Filtrite 4 in 1 test kit available from clark rubber?
    23000 litre salt chlorinated pool, fibreglass in ground with 1500litre spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filtrite 4 in 1 pool test kit

G'day Aussie
    This test kit has an FC test, a ph test, a TA test and an acid demand test, cost of $33.75
    The FC test will only test up to 5 FC, which is not high enough
    You also do not have a CYA test (crucial) or a calcium test (not as crucial for you as you have fibreglass not plaster, but still need to know this)

I would just go ahead and order a kit from Clear choice. Has all the tests you need, also comes with standards so you can check your testing. Should last you a full season of testing and refills are available. Service and quick delivery from these guys too. My last order was on a Saturday and I got the test on a Thursday.

For you to get the salt water version its $158. Money well spent imho

https://clearchoicelabs.com.au
    6000 gal, AG vinyl, Intex ultra frame 16ft, 1200 Gallon Sand Filter, DIY Solar, Clear Choice Labs Testing Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Caco View Post
    G'day Aussie
    For you to get the salt water version its $158. Money well spent imho

https://clearchoicelabs.com.au

Thanks for the link - cheers
    23000 litre salt chlorinated pool, fibreglass in ground with 1500litre spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

The 4in1 is good value and won't go to waste if you already have it, but +1 to Caco's review and recommendation.

Another drawback to the 4in1 is that you can't do an overnight chlorine loss test (OCLT), which can be a crucial part of TFPC.

The 4in1 is fine for pH, acid demand, and TA. It's adequate to read "around 1 ppm FC", "around 2-5 ppm FC", and "solid 5 or more ppm FC"
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners