Any thoughts on this pool and price?

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Hello what does anyone think of this pool im on a budget with replacing my old 21ft round pool
00777c6f3d0206dcd2be816e68a4e4fb.jpg

266b1986073f8ceea66c8058300fd47b.jpg

f5c1f74daba7df5d6e1b62ce4bfd76a4.jpg

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

They do not talk about what the "universal top and bottom rails" are made of. We made sure ours was made of resin due to rust on the one on the old pool. We do not have any rust with this one now.

I expect you will be reusing your equipment since you say you are replacing an pool. That saves you quite a bit of money.

I hope this helps a tiny bit.

Kim:kim:

Yes i have a brand new sand filter and pump that i bought last year. My concern is that the pool is 500.00 its all steel how ling can that pool last. I believe the pool took down had all steel parts and i was told its 10 years old. Its just a matter of not being abe to spend 2000 on a pool and then 700 for install

I have not had ANY problems with my wall (steel) this time. I really think it is because of the resin track on the bottom AND I have been oh so careful to not let the sand/dirt sit on the wall.

$700 is a LOT for an install! Your site is prepped from the last pool I would think. BUT each area is so different.

Yes its the same spot. Sand is all there maybe just need to smooth it out. Do u think an all steel will hold up 7 or so years? Its 500 and. Well within my budget to do extra like add a foam cove around the bottom of pool

I don't know. It would really depend on your area and the care you use to keep the dirt and moisture away from the walls and rails.

I do know I will not buy one again unless everything (except the wall) is resin due to the amount of rust we found on the last one. BUT care was not used in it's care before we moved in so there is that :roll:

Is there good drainage from the rocks? Do they go up the wall? Is there much dirt that gets caught in them to keep the area moist? You do need something there to keep the water/rain from washing out the dirt under the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So long as the the weed block lets water through it should be good BUT there is really no way to know what the future will hold LOL

I used white marble rocks around my pool. I hand picked out the bigger rocks as I dumped the bags out to spread them out. I hand placed those rocks right by the resin tracks holding my wall. It was a lot of work but it has paid off in keeping the dirt away from where the wall goes into the tracks.

We had an all steel pool including top & bottom rails that we put up in 1998. just took it down last year as the liner went after 19 seasons & we want a smaller one. Not a bit of rust on any rails or sides except for where the eyeball leaked at one time. I would think this was a midgrade pool at the time. I think it could have lasted many more years. Aren't the resin pieces prone to cracking after a few years??

Cindy, It is all in the care and maintenance like so many other things. Is is obvious you take good care of your stuff since your liner lasted 19 seasons (yrs?)!

Our resin pieces are in fine shape still even in the FL sun. Time will tell but I don't think there will be any problems long term.

By NYC as your location, I'll assume you're in one of the boroughs - Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx or Staten "Italy" as there aren't many places in Manhattan I can see putting up an above-ground pool unless you happen to have a rooftop apartment in Trump Towers ;-) (FYI, I lived in both Manhattan and Da' Bronx for many years and I grew up on LI with many friends and family in Queens).

One thing that can help prevent/reduce corrosion of steel walls would be to make sure everything is electrically bonded together (pool walls, water, pump motor and a 3-ft perimeter around the pool) for safety purposes and then to use a sacrificial anode (zinc or magnesium) bonded to the metal of the pool structure to help reduce the likelihood of galvanic corrosion from occurring. Corrosion from poor water chemistry can still happen so it's not a perfect solution, but it can help. Keeping your water properly balanced chemically is what reduces the likelihood of corrosion from water exposure.

Also, please note that any sacrificial anode should be buried outside the pool in the ground, do not use anodes that reside in the pool water such as in the skimmer or the plumbing. Also, bonding is not the same as the electrical ground in your equipment wiring. Bonding is an entirely different and separate concept for pools and is a means of creating an electrically safe environment in and around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.