Pool leaking water

timjet

Sep 4, 2015
Leesburg, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I placed a bucket with pool water in the top landing of my pool marked at the water line. I also marked the waterline of the pool. I did this about a 2 months ago and both seem to loose water due to evaporation at about the same rate. However I just filled the pool 2 days ago and now the water level has dropped about 2 inches. This seems way more water loss than caused by evaporation. I'll do the bucket test again but something else is going on.
I also have a small leak on the pump to motor connection. Pentair 1.5 hp pump with a generic Chinese motor. This leak could no way account for that much water loss, but will start with fixing this first.

What should I look for in the mating between the pump and motor? Any other ideas about this much water disappearing?

I would add to Skippy's advice and say you clearly have a leak. 2 inches in two days is a leak.....no need to double check.

So what changed? Been working on any aspect of your pool?

If you have no clues, let the pool leak down below the skimmers and see if it stops. That may help you get started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.