Losing water when tanning ledge is on

Harwood81

May 7, 2022
Northern Kentucky
Hello - I have a 20k gallon Latham synergy pool with spillover tanning ledge. When the pool is running without water being sent to the tanning ledge (valve is closed), I am not experiencing any water loss other than evaporation (.25 inch per day) However, when I open the tanning ledge valve and send water to the returns in the tanning ledge, I am experiencing water loss at about double the rate of evaporation (.5 inch per day or more). I had my pool’s plumbing system tested for a leak last year and nothing turned up. Curious if anyone has experienced this in the past, and what the solution was? One more thing to note, when my pump turns off in the tanning ledge valve is kept open, the water from the latch drains into the main pool. Not sure if the volume is rising high enough inside the skimmer column that it is exiting through the skimmer walls? Just a thought.

Reactions: irishbrown253
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.