Scum line

Hi and Welcome to TFP. Do you have a picture of what you are dealing with? That might help us id the problem. Do you have any idea what caused it?

Can you please let us know where Bentleigh East is?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now you need to get that water balanced so you do not even think about using any of the stuff that caused it!

Vinegar is awesome for many things. So glad it worked for you!

How is the water looking? Are the bugs going away?

Kim:kim:

Bugs gone. Still have some bubbles from the old algaecide. Noticing a brown substance on floor which is picked up by cleaner not sure if dirt or brown algae? Also how do I remove calcium stains from fibreglass?

36000 l fibreglass black pool
swg. automatic acid doser.
cartridge filter. computer measures orp not fc
Melbourne Australia

In my fiberglass I use a non-scratch sponge, like the ones below. I have a 4" ledge @ 3.5' deep around the pool, which I walk on. I clean in a circular motion, going into the water every revolution, which keep it wet and rinsing, and also because since waterline changes, some scum is below waterline. For me this works really well, and doesn't introduce any chemicals.

sponge.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.