12x24 Pool Design

sorest12

Jun 20, 2020
Toronto
Hi all! Just wanted to get some opinions on the depths we have tentatively decided on for our new inground vinyl pool which we will be starting in a few weeks. I've attached a photo where you can see the shallow end is 4' and slopes down to 6'. The main difference in this pool that I have noticed from other 12x24s is that we plan to be extend the shallow end to half the length of the pool. Our family is currently just my husband and I and would therefore be used by mainly just adults to lounge, but we wanted to still have some deeper water for when we do have kids of our own or other children over for a swim. Any thoughts?

IMG_20200620_204023__01.jpg

I just put in a 12 x 24 last year. My depths are 3 1/2 to 5 1/2, but its a gradual slope from shallow to deep. I personally like it because that way you really dont hardly notice the slope. I think with a pool that small, that drop off might be too extreme.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.