South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

You had the bubblers on at the same time?

I've come across some other threads on this site with similar issues after a refinish. All for the threads go dark though without any documented resolution. They all seem to suggest a blockage though. I've noticed and removed a couple handfuls of plaster from my pump basket so it doesn't seem illogical. I just have no idea what can be done about that. Some sort of long range snake? Or build up more pressure to blow out debris by blocking other returns?

I've informed my startup guy, plaster guy, and PB owner tho to ensure they knew we experienced this the first time spa mode was turned on after start up. Plaster guy played dumb, startup guy will look this week, and owner hasn't responded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian what do you mean by tees? Is that the white part attached to the fitting in the picture below? Or are the tees inside the pvc pipe after I take the return and housing out?

5cd8b72bdad875cfaa05437a26409928.jpg

South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Brian what do you mean by tees? Is that the white part attached to the fitting in the picture below? Or are the tees inside the pvc pipe after I take the return and housing out?

5cd8b72bdad875cfaa05437a26409928.jpg

The t's are behind the plaster they are part of the plumbing/fittings
This is a t:
pvc-fitting-401-regular-tee-sxsxs.jpg

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

The t's are behind the plaster they are part of the plumbing/fittings
This is a t:
pvc-fitting-401-regular-tee-sxsxs.jpg

Ah ok. So then those must be inside the pvc. If so, I couldn't reach them by hand from outside the spa. I'll have to jump in later and take a closer look.

Ah ok. So then those must be inside the pvc. If so, I couldn't reach them by hand from outside the spa. I'll have to jump in later and take a closer look.

You probably won't be able to see them or remove them. I think he wanted you to remove the parts that are in the holes. Like the jet/fitting you had pictured earlier. Take all of those out so it just looks like your return pipes and run the spa - it will force everything out that is sitting in the pipes just waiting to clog your jets.

You probably won't be able to see them or remove them. I think he wanted you to remove the parts that are in the holes. Like the jet/fitting you had pictured earlier. Take all of those out so it just looks like your return pipes and run the spa - it will force everything out that is sitting in the pipes just waiting to clog your jets.

They are all out and it doesn't solve the problem.

[emoji1304] hopefully Brian wakes up and has another solution

Wakes up....:blah:

You'll need to use a socket extension and a 7/16 or 1/2 socket and push that into the pipe that sucks out of the spa wall. There should be a jet nozzles inside that can be unscrewed and removed.

It should look like this:

4-10-0053_big3513.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. Would it make sense that 7 of 8 of my jets are getting almost zero flow/pressure? Does the plumbing work in such a way that if jet 2 was blocked then all others beyond that would be? Or would all 7 need to have some blockage to experience our issue?

I'm not losing any water so hopefully it is unlikely a break/leak in the line?

That's not how they work. With that fitting removed, is there any evidence of plaster in the lines?

Are you sure the airline isn't blocked?

Are you certain the pool/spa return valve is completely rotated to the spa position?

Plasterers often use sponges to plug the main drain and spa suction lines. Any chance the line is plugged?

What do the jets look like in Spillway mode (pull from pool, return to spa jets)?

That's not how they work. With that fitting removed, is there any evidence of plaster in the lines?

A couple of small pieces came out when the returns were removed. Also I've taken some pieces out of the pump basket. Also there have been some pieces kicking around in the pump basket that I can't get ahold of (they get into the pvc when I turn the pump off to open it).

Are you sure the airline isn't blocked?

Don't know. How would I know?

Are you certain the pool/spa return valve is completely rotated to the spa position?

Yes

Plasterers often use sponges to plug the main drain and spa suction lines. Any chance the line is plugged?

I don't believe so. There was nothing visible when the jets were removed.

What do the jets look like in Spillway mode (pull from pool, return to spa jets)?

Don't know. I'll check. I've only run the spillover pulling from the pool and returning to the spa drain.

Brian,

ur new color looks good. i know everyones monitors are diff along with white balance of the picture taken but i can see the diff in the plaster. you deff know there is black mixed in there and deff has more of a grey vs white look to it.

i think it looks great. looked good before. i didn't realize you had an issue with the grout on ur build until now reading back after you helped on my thread. i appreciate the help.

i too wanted to have a grey based plaster to get a deeper blue but my wife wanted it a bit brighter. another builder mentioned that he mixes 1 bag of french grey to 9 bags of super blue, but it isn't an official color so i didn't want to there with my builder and plaster crew. i might have revisit it after going back over ur plaster redo.

what was the issue with ur returns. i got part of it but missed part of it too. what did you have and what do you have now? i thought a return is a return?

Brian,

ur new color looks good. i know everyones monitors are diff along with white balance of the picture taken but i can see the diff in the plaster. you deff know there is black mixed in there and deff has more of a grey vs white look to it.

i think it looks great. looked good before. i didn't realize you had an issue with the grout on ur build until now reading back after you helped on my thread. i appreciate the help.

i too wanted to have a grey based plaster to get a deeper blue but my wife wanted it a bit brighter. another builder mentioned that he mixes 1 bag of french grey to 9 bags of super blue, but it isn't an official color so i didn't want to there with my builder and plaster crew. i might have revisit it after going back over ur plaster redo.

what was the issue with ur returns. i got part of it but missed part of it too. what did you have and what do you have now? i thought a return is a return?

The color I always wanted was Diamond Brite Agean Sea, a water color mix of French grey and a dark blue. But my PB and finish company strongly advised me against dye based Quartz aggregate due to imperfections and fading over time.

As for my returns, we specifically requested grey fittings for everyone, in hopes of it better blending with the plaster color we were shooting for. Of course that was "custom" for my PB. So they ordered us grey returns but the eyeballs themselves were really small. And they weren't scew ons, they were push ins. So there was a tremendous amount of pressure building up when I bypassed our spillover and the returns were actually shooting out of the pool wall. When we did the refinish we had them modify the return openings to allow more water flow. They haven't popped out since and the larger flow allows for more ripple in the water which adds that sparkling effect.

Hi Brian!
I finally caught up with your thread...I'm so sorry for all the troubles you have experienced. I know how that feels :( Irritating, frustrating, anxiety-producing...

I was reading through your posts and when I first saw your new plaster job, my first thought was "Wow! That looks just like mine!" I WAS SO SUPRISED (and honored) when, just a few posts further down, you had posted a picture of my pool as your target color!! I think you nailed it!!
Your pool and landscape turned out GORGEOUS!!! As was previously mentioned by Suz (I think), it looks very much like a resort!
Your children are adorable and I love the baby fence!
I highly recommend puddle jumpers for the little ones. All my grandkids wear them. I have seen them at Walmart, Sam's and Costco.
Have a great Memorial Day party! My family is all coming in from out of state for Memorial Day weekend and the following week. About 30 people including all the kids. So far, our weather is not looking very warm,but we still plan to have the pool heated and available.

Blessings to you and your family!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.