South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL
So glad it has been so easy and you are in enjoy mode! That is why you have a pool!

Pressure-heater-I really don't know but would love to learn. I suggest you start a new thread in the"everything else" so we can learn together. That is if no one answers here on this thread.

-Pressure-new cartridge-it is only 1 yr old! You should NOT need a new one this fast! Have you done any reading on cleaning it with TSP? Here is a link to it:

Re: How to clean a cartridge filter

Fountain idea:

Sparkling Standard 3-Tier Swimming Pool Fountain ─ In the Swim

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim. I'll read up on that method of cleaning the cartridges.

As for the fountain, the challenge is I need something that doesn't screw into the return. But if that is a pop-in, that's a good alternative. I'm also debating making my own adapters out of new returns and pvc. I probably won't go all the way DIY tho, I'll still by the sprinkler/fountain.

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL
Here is a fun shot of "old faithful mode" from yesterday.

5188adf505696e9b8a4bc2ce6695c3d9.jpg

Big Will

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2017
Las Vegas
Re: COMPLETE - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Are your umbrellas 10ft? I just bought some 9ft ones and they feel small to me and yours look big.
I'm also not sure if mine are standard size and they just feel small because I'm slightly bigger than average

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL

Are your umbrellas 10ft? I just bought some 9ft ones and they feel small to me and yours look big.
I'm also not sure if mine are standard size and they just feel small because I'm slightly bigger than average

Hey Will. They are 9'. They just look bigger because I have it tilted in the photo. We have 2 umbrella sleeves offset in our shelf so 2 of them give us max coverage.

Big Will

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2017
Las Vegas

Thanks for the info, I often find things are to small for me :(. Guess I'll just stick with my 9's

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL

It was on 2500 but we had everything else shut off. It was only for a minute for the kids, but it had some serious power.

SuzfromTexas

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 7, 2015
Houston, Texas
I love the pics of the kids!!! They will never ever forget that geiser!!! What do they call it? Do they have a name for it? Gotta have a name for it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL
South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Stupid question - Are these clumps concentrated chlorine/salt from the SWG or something else? I only notice them when the bubblers are on, especially at higher pressure. Randomly we will also still see some plaster rocks.

921b2e21f6357809899eab9ebaa0ed80.jpg

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just looks like pool building debris from plaster, etc. that got into the plumbing and it is being ejected when you run them at that higher pressure. Otherwise they would stay in the pipes. Nothing of that size would come from your SWCG. And yes, you will see random pebbles from your finish from time to time.

grumpiebk

Jun 22, 2016
FL
Loved seeing the thread on your build. We are in Palm Beach County and planning a build soon. WPB City limits. If I may ask - who was your builder? Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. Haven’t been on the site in a while. Our PB was Treasure Pools out of royal palm beach. Good luck!

onlyjeeps

Jan 4, 2013
Middletown, DE
Grumpie, did you ever get high pressure issue resolved? I have some ideas to try if not. If you did, could you please post what you found. BTW, I love your build! I've read the entire "adventure" and I'm glad you finally were able to get most things sorted out. The pool looks amazing and your yard resembles a resort! Awesome effort and choices!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.